Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanes Martirosyan and Andy Lee are possibilities to replace Murray for Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanes Martirosyan and Andy Lee are possibilities to replace Murray for Chavez Jr.

Chris Mannix ‏ @ChrisMannixSI
    With Martin Murray out of the June fight with JCC Jr., I'm hearing Vanes Martirosyan and Andy Lee are possibilities.

Would have thought Lee was being positioned for Sergio in the fall.

I'll take Chavez-Lee though, that's a real quality fight.

Even Vanes wouldn't be the worst fight.

Comment

He should fight Lee to help him prepare for Sergio in September. He needs to practice against a southpaw that moves around.

Vanes is a 154 pounder and should not be fighting against a 180 pound Chavez. Although.. I remember that sparring video where Vanes was kicking Julio's ass.
      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-20-2012, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Make Lee vs Chavez.

Comment

Why did the Murray fight fall through?? **** me...Vanes/Chavez Jr. or Margarito/Chavez Jr, expect it. He's not fighting Andy Lee, cuz he's a Dibella fighter who will most likely beat him.

Comment

Vanes Martirosyan ‏ @VanesBoxing Close
            I'm ready to fight anybody I told TopRank I want big names and if Chavez really wants to fights me and it's not all talk I'll fight himtoday

Comment

Dan Rafael ‏ @danrafaelespn Close
              Been told with Murray out vs Chavez Jr. that Top Rank will try to make the fight with @VanesBoxing for June 16 on @HBOboxing

Comment

Hmmm, Lee or Vanes?
                Vanes it is.
                Reminds me when Canelo brought out a list of opponents. There were 2 quality opponents then Mosley.... guess who he fought?

Comment

So Vanes Martirosyan it is eh? Wonder if Hershman would go for that.

Whoever it is, if HBO is going to buy it I want to see Segura-Miranda/Concepcion or Viloria-Marquez/Gonzalez as the opener. That would be the only way to make the card solid.

Comment

Both of those fighters sound 100x better than Murray.

Comment

Working...
                    X