No announcement yet.

Looks like Artur Szpilka is going to MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweeterscience View Post
    That answers that. Ha. I guess he's going to have to fight toMMAto cans or hope he takes to grappling like a natural.
    The guy he confronted in that YouTube video was an actor making his professional MMA debut.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      The guy he confronted in that YouTube video was an actor making his professional MMA debut.
      In that case, I suppose there isn't much need to get him in a Gracie Jiujitsu program then. Szpilka is safe until the next time he steps up above that Mike Mollo-Brian Minto bar in a boxing ring.

Comment

I wanna see it for the f#ck of it. Washed up boxers have had some success in other combat sports. Botha beat two kickboxing legends in kickboxing. Mercer slept Sylvia. But boxing won't work in a street fight doe

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
          I wanna see it for the f#ck of it. Washed up boxers have had some success in other combat sports. Botha beat two kickboxing legends in kickboxing. Mercer slept Sylvia. But boxing won't work in a street fight doe
          Yeah, it will be interesting to see what a young boxing former contender can do switching to MMA. He might be a bit shot but he's still vastly superior to MMA guys when it comes to boxing technique. Also, it's heavyweight division which is completely shallow in MMA. If that Black Beast guy in the UFC cracked the top 10 by essentially being a one dimensional boxer, then I can see Szpilka having some success. Ngannou is basically just a boxer too and got himself a title shot. JDS too. Cain and Stipe wreck him though.

Szpilka is still a quite fast southpaw that can probably put anyone of these MMA guys to sleep if they let him stand and bang too long.

Comment

I seen that live. That was the weirdest mfing thing I've seen in a minute. Dude just randomly came out & slapped dude in the cage lmfao.

Seemed very pro wrestling-like which that particular promoter (KSW) is sorta kinda known for. They've had rappers vs worlds strongest men vs actors & that kinda sh^t before so I'm sure they are giving Artur a nice lil payday for the crossover audience he can bring in Poland.

As to how it works out who f#cking knows. I don't think Artur has any MMA experience so unless he's fighting a pure standup guy it seems like trouble, but knowing KSW they'll make sure its competitive (they usually are good at that) so I don't think they'll throw them in there with some BJJ a$$a$$in.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I seen that live. That was the weirdest mfing thing I've seen in a minute. Dude just randomly came out & slapped dude in the cage lmfao.

Seemed very pro wrestling-like which that particular promoter (KSW) is sorta kinda known for. They've had rappers vs worlds strongest men vs actors & that kinda sh^t before so I'm sure they are giving Artur a nice lil payday for the crossover audience he can bring in Poland.

As to how it works out who f#cking knows. I don't think Artur has any MMA experience so unless he's fighting a pure standup guy it seems like trouble, but knowing KSW they'll make sure its competitive (they usually are good at that) so I don't think they'll throw them in there with some BJJ a$$a$$in.
              It seems that the Polish public has turned against Szpilka because of his antics and behavior. He is some sort of heel now.

Comment

I used to hate UFC now I watch it in between boxing fights to have something to watch and you know....it's not half bad. It's good to have something to fall back on when HBO Showtime ESPN BTSport Sky Spike have ****all to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
                  It seems that the Polish public has turned against Szpilka because of his antics and behavior. He is some sort of heel now.
                  It seemed like an act to me.

I got no clue how into the pro wrasslin sh^t Polish people are or how believable they think those types of antics are so yea I could see them being mad at him since he slapped up that actor guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    It seemed like an act to me.

I got no clue how into the pro wrasslin sh^t Polish people are or how believable they think those types of antics are so yea I could see them being mad at him since he slapped up that actor guy.
                    I don't think it's an act with him, he has a history of acting crazy. He used to be a hooligan thug and ended up in prison I think.

He's basically a Polish version of Chisora. He headbutted people during staredowns and was out of control several times.

Also, there was this:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RufzTDU8Qk

Comment

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
                      I don't think it's an act with him, he has a history of acting crazy. He used to be a hooligan thug and ended up in prison I think.

He's basically a Polish version of Chisora. He headbutted people during staredowns and was out of control several times.

Also, there was this:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RufzTDU8Qk
                      Alligators aside I think the KSW situation looked like standard contrived WWE-ish type sh^t.

And I'm sure he's gonna get nicer money then he's made for most, or maybe all, of his boxing matches doing it so he's got the proper upside to take the dive.

Comment

Working...
                      X