No announcement yet.

Joshua vs Ruiz 2 Isn't even a tough fight to call

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I love these type of threads after the fight.

Comment

• If you guys like watching the bigger guy with everything stacked in his favor jab run grab and hold all night then enjoy your AJ circle jerk

You'll have more chances to make his bank account bigger after tonight. Have fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by ikigai View Post
          If you guys like watching the bigger guy with everything stacked in his favor jab run grab and hold all night then enjoy your AJ circle jerk
          How about writing,

"I was wrong, my predictions on fatboy were off, and AJ completely outboxed lard pants".

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Ruiz: "I came in with too much weight, but I don't want give no excuse"
            Ruiz looks like he hasn’t trained since the last fight.

Comment

If you guys like watching the bigger guy with everything stacked in his favor jab run grab and hold all night then enjoy your AJ circle jerk
              But you said he couldn't do that?

So if Mayweather/Leonard etc do it then its class. AJ does it and its ****?

He jabbed all night perfectly. But he also got him with the better hooks, straights and uppercuts. He beat Ruiz in every area.

Comment

After Ruiz had one month of preparation after miller dropped out, joshua didn't win a single round against ruiz.

Ruiz's low, compact, short punching style gave joshua fits. He didn't have any answers at all. He couldn't find a way to effectively get through his guard, he could'nt find away to keep ruiz from getting on the inside, and ruiz was mandhandling him the entire fight.

Now Ruiz has all the momentum, had a full training camp and knows he has the power to hurt him.

AJ just had his first loss, and before he had time to recover mentally, hearn's dumb ass put him right back in with the guy who sonned him lol
                Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                I am picking Ruiz but I am not as sure he will win as you are, AJ is still a very good fighter with good hand speed and power and who knows if Ruiz will get a fair fight with no weird stuff from the ref or the scoring?
                Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
                Amazing that some can't see what's right in front of them. Joshua pretty much LOST every round. He lost the round he knocked Ruiz down 10-8 (after getting dropped himself twice in the follow-up). Ruiz was cutting off the ring all night. Joshua was very uncomfortable being "hunted", and when he came forward and threw punches he kept getting countered and out-punched (he did land some nice scoring blows here and there).

He got Ruiz's respect and attention a few times, but never enough to slow or put fear into Ruiz, .... who then continued cutting off the ring and "hunting" Joshua. Then when they really engaged, Joshua kept getting the worst of it ... and ultimately dropped ... time after time.

Rounds 4 and 5 they both pretty much took the round off ... AJ recovering, Ruiz resting from so many punches. Ruiz never took off against Dimitrenko, he tired from so many punches vs AJ ... probably from taking the fight so soon after.

Go re-watch the fight. It's as plain as your nose.
                Originally posted by NoConcoms View Post
                Doable, but highly unlikely. AJ doesn't fight well backing up. And Ruiz will cut the ring off. It's Ruiz's handspeed that gives him the most problems.
                Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
                A Joshua win would defy boxing logic.

To expect a win would be to forget everything you saw on June 1st.

Unless Andy sustains a severe injury or gets robbed blind by the judges, it's not possible.
                Originally posted by Ccarroll2133 View Post
                I have money down on Ruiz. Not everyone a gambler and nothing is a sure thing.
                Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                I have some on Ruiz too. So true about nothing being a sure thing as if it goes to decision the judges may or may not give all close rounds to Joshua.

Freak accidents, weird things happening, and your money can leave you quick.

I picked Ruiz because it's hard to get out of my head the beat down Joshua received. Just don't know how he can get over that.
                Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                I agree, Ruiz dominated the fight besides the chaotic moments when he was dropped, but he reigned control shortly after and hurt AJ severely. Horrible style match up for AJ and I can't believe Hearn didn't let AJ get a tune up fight (maybe scared it would backfire again and better to just cash him out) after being clearly concussed. I'm actually worried for the guy once Ruiz starts dropping him again, he probably should've taken off a year from boxing for his health's sake.

There's some idiots on here who argue that AJ was boxing beautifully (LOL!) in the whopping frist two rounds and was just caught by a lucky punch. Those first two rounds were feel out rounds that Ruiz was clearly winning anyways. Only person who got lucky was AJ with that flash knockdown that only angered the bull.
                Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Ruiz will piece him up again at mid range
                Well done guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Well done guys.
                  Just remember; Ruiz made Joshua QUIT. Joshua ran for 12 rounds.

Now let's see if he gives Andy a rematch, the way Andy gave him one.

And we all know he's not going anywhere NEAR Deontay Wilder.

Comment

• Agreed. It was one of the easiest picks of the year. For the experts at least...

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=833979

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Well done guys.
                      Check the pick 'em

Comment

Working...
                      X