No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Fury is Ready, He's in Perfect Shape, No Excuses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
    Fury didn't defend in a 2 year period, no longer lineal.
    Fury retired, no longer lineal.

Funny how so many of you use that term but have no real clue what it means
    you are talking nonsense my friend. the lineal champ is not based on a time frame

Comment

Keep ducking shut and Joshua you coward

When Joshua beats the man you ducked in povetkin, the world will laugh at you again for choosing a coke head like fury to fight

Comment

Wilder's manager still steered Wilder around "old ass Klitschko" whereas AJ beat him in his 19th pro fight. So who has Wilder beat then that's comparable? oh yeah "old ass Ortiz" hahahaha the skilled boxer with zero accomplishments as a professional ... except getting caught taking PEDs ofc
        You guys need to keep up with news: This notion of Wilder ducking Wladimir Klitschko is easily dismissed when one considers the state of the HW division in 2015 ; namely the changing of the guard ( a new WBC HW champion), injury ( Wilder ) and obligations ( Wlads mandatory challenger) ; Deontay Wilder fractured his right hand when the 'Bronze-Bomber' beat the #2. HW in the world ( yes like it or not) Bermane Stiverne for the WBC HW title.

Tyson Fury became Wlad's mandatory the same year ( 2015) as he was campaigning through 2014-2015 for his opportunity at the lineal champion ; acquiring wins over Chisora and Hammer in WBO eliminators.

That interview from Finkel that you referenced did not mention Deontay's injuries and this proposed fight was just barely getting some buzz in the media since Wilder just became champion and everyone knew he was injured.

Anyways, its embarrassing that I have to school a veteran as yourself.

You ask me who Wilder beat that's comparable? I mean if having the name 'Klitschko' is all you need to be considered great, then I guess we can call Ross Purity and Corrie Sanders better than Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury.

Comment

Ok Beyonce whatever you say

Comment

Originally posted by allen23 View Post
            eddie hearn and AJ are the circus act..this is two men willing to fight. lienal champ vs WBC champ. how is this a circus???
            At present Fury vs Wilder is a mismatch. Let’s not fool ourselves. However even at Tyson’s best I think Wilder is all wrong for him. Stylistically this fight is all wrong for him. He stands a better chance with his style against Joshua not that he could beat Joshua but the key to him being successful against both is being elusive and it would be easier against Joshua.

As for the fight being made I don’t blame Wilder for taking the fight and we( yes I’m art of the team too lol) would have took the fight too in a heartbeat. So long as he has that lineal moniker to his name is worth taking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
              Straight up lie from Wilder. How can this be true when Fury can't even smash guys like Pinata out the ring, even in the late rounds, another paper victory atm.
              Deontaty was more impressed than most observers because a Pinata is one of the toughest opponents Wilder's yet to face.

https://youtu.be/rfN5g7sPBwA

Comment

The first fight I can remember watching was when we first got a color TV in 1971. Ali vs Frazier I and they called Ali the lineal champ then after being off 3.5 years.

Comment

????

Tyson Fury is the lineal champion like it or not. There's no time requirement on defending that title. Once he came out of "retirement" he has a valid claim.

Comment

Smells like bull****

Comment

I love Fury because he stood up to the JWO, and I love Wilder because he's bringing that hardcore feel back to boxing, but watching Fury's fight the other day - I don't see Fury being in tremendous shape. He looked gassed and hung in the corner and on the ropes a lot. Fury still has head movement and that shoulder roll, but his legs look like they might be gone for good. Easy to get away with that when he's fighting light hitters who are amazed to just be in the ring with him. It's a lot different when you're fighting someone who is trying to take your head clean off in there. I think Fury is going to realize that you can't take your career for granted for self-indulgence with drugs and alcohol and just come back and fight at the top level.

Comment

Working...
                      X