• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scully speaks:

http://queensberry-rules.com/2012-ar...ad-dawson.html

Thoughts?

Scully is the man.

Your fighter is a quitter and he got knocked out in sparring.

Comment

I don't know why he took the fight against Ward. Even after beating B-Hop Chad became the #1 LHW yet many people still thought of him as an underachiever. I guess they weren't impressed with his performance against B-Hop, I know I wasn't.

Odd that Scully didn't mention his training camp in preparation for Ward because I heard it was terrible. As much as I don't think highly of Scully as a trainer, it was Dawson's decision to drop Steward and hire Scully. I don't think Scully had the time to evaluate Dawson and see what he does wrong as a boxer. Scully immediately had to think of a gameplan against Hopkins, that's a very tough predicament that Scully was in, especially considering that Scully has never trained a boxer at the world class level against a world class opponent.
      Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-13-2012, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I had picked Ward to win but Dawson looked sluggish and drained to me. Had it been at a more comfortable weight, the fight would have been more competitive but the outcome would've been almost the same.

Comment

Good response from Scully.
          I think the weight and ability of Ward were just too much to climb

Comment

the fight should have been at 175

Comment

Working...
            X