Is Jorge Arce afraid of Nonito Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't blame him if he is.

Comment

Implying Mexicans are capable of feeling fear .

Comment

either stupid or scared...arce could have made a good pay day if he defended his title against donaire...going down to 118 to fight for a vacant belt against someone you already fought and beat doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          Don't blame him if he is.
          that's true...he probably replayed the image of montiel getting hit with that left hook when they mentioned him fighting donaire.

Comment

Arce scared? LOL...are you kidding? Arce is not scared of anyone, cmon. Arce is a warrior through and through. Can he beat Nonito? No...but he isn't scared.

Comment

Here, I dug up these articles for ya.

http://www.boxingscene.com/jorge-arc...-winner--48756

http://www.boxingscene.com/jorge-arc...-feb-18--48857

Comment

Arum had been saying that their plan was for Donaire to target Vasquez Jr in their bantamweight debut, and Arce decided to take that opportunity to claim another title (because becoming a 4 division champ was a goal of his), then returning to challenge the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by keehlnate View Post
                  He is 5-0-1 (5 KO's) above 118 and he has Vasquez' belt and then he goes back to bantamweight just about the time Donaire climbs up to 122. I mean, WTF? The Donaire-Arce is a huge fight, I don't see a reason why he didn't want that unless he is scared of him.

thoughts?
                  Arce fought Vasquez to become the first mexican who won titles in 4 different divisions, he went 1 division down after so he could become the first mexican champion in 5 weight classes.

He doesn't sounds scared to me tho.

Comment

Of course he is Arce is a tiny guy and Donaire should be fighting at 126 who wouldn't be.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacroid View Post
                      Arce fought Vasquez to become the first mexican who won titles in 4 different divisions, he went 1 division down after so he could become the first mexican champion in 5 weight classes.

He doesn't sounds scared to me tho.

one of those belts was an intern belt

Comment

Working...
                      X