OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    We dont convict people of obstruction of justice without an underlying crime.

And in this case there is no underlying crime.
    Gentlemen, my apologies for such a lengthy deliberation. I have arrived at my decision. I find that the claim made by 1bad, quoted above, stands up under the scrutiny of travesty. While some legal scholars have proctored the idea that obstruction can happen without an underlying offense, I haven't seen any evidence of a conviction for obstruction without the existence of an underlying offense.

My first question was what are the parameters of "underlying crime". I asked 1bad, and his answer included the Stewart case, and the conviction of the broker on the insider trading crime. He made it clear that the underlying crime did not have to be committed by the person guilty of obstruction. One of the articles submitted by travesty illustrates this.

Courts ranging from Utah, to Michigan, to Florida have held that defendants can form the corrupt intent required for obstruction of justice, without committing an underlying crime, if they seek to protect their own reputations or shield family and friends from criminal liability

https://will.illinois.edu/legalissue...ewart-revisted

In the Stewart case, the underlying crime was the insider trading and securities fraud. The article submitted by travesty seems to acknowledge that there was an underlying crime right after saying there wasn't.

regardless of whether she was ever found guilty or even charged with committing the crimes that were the focus of the criminal investigation

the U.S. Attorney explained that he used his prosecutorial discretion in deciding not to bring insider trading charges against Ms. Stewart

https://will.illinois.edu/legalissue...ewart-revisted

The Libby case was more difficult to ponder. I did not agree with 1bad that the underlying crime was the lying to Congress (or whatever) Mr Libby was charged with. I saw that as the feds just ramping up charges, ie. If I shoot at a house, I can get charged with attempted murder, shooting an occupied dwelling, unlawful discharge, etc for one overt act. However, it is travesty job to refute the claim, and I don't believe the Libby case does that.

The underlying crime for Libby was the unlawful release of that CIA agents information. Unlike the Stewart case where there was a conviction for the underlying crime, no one was charged in the Platt affair. So I wondered whether or not a crime was committed.

Unlike the Trump case, which is a covert act and it can be argued never happened without sufficient evidence, the Platt affair was an overt act. It's like the Kennedy assassination. Even though no one was ever charged, it's quite obvious a crime was committed. Ms Platt information was obviously released in an unlawful way. It's that crime that Mr Libby was obstructing the justice of.

While I've read legal conjecture of the idea, I haven't seen any real evidence or case law that suggests a person can be convicted of obstruction without an underlying crime. I rule in favor of 1bad and will impose judgment.

Defense has 10 days to submit all appeal paperwork to the Court.

Respectfully submitted,

Honorable Judge
    GGG Gloveking

Comment

• Central Park 5 Docu- Biased much?????

soooo....

the guy who made the documentary about the central park five (and imo how he made trump the central point of it) is a LONG TIME democrat shill.....

even made an anti trump speech at a college and has also donated to the DNC etc.....

hhmmm

biased much?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        soooo....

the guy who made the documentary about the central park five (and imo how he made trump the central point of it) is a LONG TIME democrat shill.....

even made an anti trump speech at a college and has also donated to the DNC etc.....

hhmmm

biased much?
        Trump’s actions speak for themselves

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            soooo....

hhmmm

biased much?
            What Central Park 5 documentary?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
              I have to ask, we were told Trump would start WW3, the stock market would crash, the world would pretty much just end if he became POTUS. Is there something Im not understanding? You guys cheer-lead the same talking points and meanwhile things are just fine.

Does it ever get old just making fun of what he says? I mean Dems wont do ANYTHING to better the people yet Trump gets the blame. The only focus has been Russia and when that was debunked they're still trying to bring it up lol.

Now I know you guys are fearful he will get elected again but cmon. Get some **** done!

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
                I have to ask, we were told Trump would start WW3, the stock market would crash, the world would pretty much just end if he became POTUS. Is there something Im not understanding? You guys cheer-lead the same talking points and meanwhile things are just fine.

Does it ever get old just making fun of what he says? I mean Dems wont do ANYTHING to better the people yet Trump gets the blame. The only focus has been Russia and when that was debunked they're still trying to bring it up lol.

Now I know you guys are fearful he will get elected again but cmon. Get some **** done!
                I suggest that you look up Trump’s actions and the Central Park 5

Btw, has Trump done anything as President?

Lots of tweets and babbling but **** all action

Comment

Best economy in decades, lowest unemployment for women, blacks, Hispanics EVER! Tax cuts for the working class and businesses, and actually trying to stop illegal immigration instead of just talking about it like the past 4 globalist puppets who have been in there.

You’re right, actions do speak louder than words.

Comment

I suggest that you look up Trump’s actions and the Central Park 5

Btw, has Trump done anything as President?

Lots of tweets and babbling but **** all action
                    Cmon dude dont get me started on the list of what hes done. You really wont like it.

Lets get real here, enough with the BS already. Is this like your, "I dunno why people are upset with CA and HC they were like the 15th to do this"

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      What Central Park 5 documentary?
                      its called "when they see us"

its on netflix.....

I take it with a grain of salt just like the R kelly one that was made

Comment

Working...
                      X