Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody here practice Mixed Martial Arts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here practice Mixed Martial Arts?

Started last March, harder then I thought it would be, would be in a boxing club but the MMA gym here is so much better then the boxing gym.

Not since 08'

Comment

did you both start one type of MA before you started mma? like boxing or kickboxing etc?

Comment

Yes i practice jiu jitsu for fun but my base is boxing and this is what i do most of the time. TS i started Jiujitsu at the same time but i wans't very serious, i didn't train enough because of boxing. Now i train jiujitsu twice a week, you may be able to triangle choke people whereas the only thing i can do are kimuras and RNC or Arm triangle choke.

I don't go to MMA classes because i don't have time for that with boxing. I can consider i do MMA since i do two sports that can make me survive in a MMA fight.

Can you give hell to Blue belts? I can for 1min, then i usually ends on the bottom, gettin side mounted or submitted, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by murmagic View Post
          did you both start one type of MA before you started mma? like boxing or kickboxing etc?

I wrestled for 10 years, then started boxing. Now I do nothing....

Comment

Not currently, it's been a few months. It gets hard for me to be able to train all while going to school, time and money become a big issue so i usually have to hold it off for a few months. But the gym i go to is an MMA focused gym, our head coach is primarily a grappler with backgrounds in Judo, Catch Wrestling, Sambo, Freestyle Wrestling, and BJJ along with some boxing and kickboxing. We also have a few high caliber GReco Roman Wrestling coaches and had a former Chute Boxe trainer work with our Muay Thai. But right now since I'm not at the gym and at school I'm doing a lot of Judo, just to help really solidify an area and let me really improve in one area, plus...Judo's awesome.

Comment

Yea ive been doin mma for about 6 month now its great best workout ive ever had, 7days a week to get ready for my friends fighting in march then i'm next

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
                Yes i practice jiu jitsu for fun but my base is boxing and this is what i do most of the time. TS i started Jiujitsu at the same time but i wans't very serious, i didn't train enough because of boxing. Now i train jiujitsu twice a week, you may be able to triangle choke people whereas the only thing i can do are kimuras and RNC or Arm triangle choke.

I don't go to MMA classes because i don't have time for that with boxing. I can consider i do MMA since i do two sports that can make me survive in a MMA fight.

Can you give hell to Blue belts? I can for 1min, then i usually ends on the bottom, gettin side mounted or submitted, lol.
                Same, most of the time im hitting the mitts, bags, or occasionally sparring.
                Train Jiu-jitsu once a week, sometimes we do it for a whole week.

Pretty good at it, 3 minute rolls with somebody who has 40 pounds on me, sometimes win, most times draw. Usually get people with arm bars, keylocks(hah), and crucifixes

Comment

Originally posted by Left2theliver View Post
                  Not currently, it's been a few months. It gets hard for me to be able to train all while going to school, time and money become a big issue so i usually have to hold it off for a few months. But the gym i go to is an MMA focused gym, our head coach is primarily a grappler with backgrounds in Judo, Catch Wrestling, Sambo, Freestyle Wrestling, and BJJ along with some boxing and kickboxing. We also have a few high caliber GReco Roman Wrestling coaches and had a former Chute Boxe trainer work with our Muay Thai. But right now since I'm not at the gym and at school I'm doing a lot of Judo, just to help really solidify an area and let me really improve in one area, plus...Judo's awesome.
                  Have only one trainer, primarily a grappler also, really good at Jiu-Jitsu, wrestled in high school, trained by a champion in Muay Thai, Vince Ross. We did have a former collegiate wrestler with us for a while, man was he good even though he was out of shape, he quit though.
                  Judos pretty awesome, to bad our instructor doesnt teach it alot.

Instructor is a big boxing fan, pretty awesome, get in to debates with him alot of times, haha

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                    I wrestled for 10 years, then started boxing. Now I do nothing....
                    Why?
                    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Edit: just seen the multi quote button

Comment

Working...
                    X