No announcement yet.

Anthony Yardes unbelievably strange Mittwork *VIDEO*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
    You move the mitt into the punch so the boxer doesn't hyperextend chasing the pad.
    I swear at one point Yarde hits it away with his hip though

Comment

Not sure why everyone is so confused. He's working timing and hand/eye. Guess what, hitting the speed bag isn't real punching either.

As to whether the time he invests in this fruity looking shyt is worth it remains to be seen. But, if he's adding it to a complete regime, I don't see the harm.

Comment

I saw some other video of a guy literally attacking him with the mitts, trying to hit him.

Edit...sorry,can’t embed. In the back half of the video, the guy is going pretty hard at him lol.

https://youtu.be/kjLcVgM9Vbs

This actually might be the one I saw before...same routine it looks like.

https://youtu.be/PEq5j03k5qI
        Last edited by Real King Kong; 07-17-2019, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
          They say Nigel Benn stopped sparring and used a jackhammer instead.
          Benn was never big on sparring anyway was he as he didnt want to leave anything in the gym but he had some great sparring sessions in his time especially when he trained over in america also he shared the ring with duran

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Not sure why everyone is so confused. He's working timing and hand/eye. Guess what, hitting the speed bag isn't real punching either.

As to whether the time he invests in this fruity looking shyt is worth it remains to be seen. But, if he's adding it to a complete regime, I don't see the harm.
            Might have to do with the fact that his manager is also his trainer and he has also said there will be 0 sparring before the Kov fight.

One strange training technique and nobody thinks anything, but when you only had 10 amateur fights, never fought a full time professional boxer and everything about your camp is looking weird and off than it’s going to raise eyebrows.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              Might have to do with the fact that his manager is also his trainer and he has also said there will be 0 sparring before the Kov fight.

One strange training technique and nobody thinks anything, but when you only had 10 amateur fights, never fought a full time professional boxer and everything about your camp is looking weird and off than it’s going to raise eyebrows.
              I'm talking about the mitt work in the video. If the guy has some other oddball stuff going on, I'm not keeping track of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                I'm talking about the mitt work in the video. If the guy has some other oddball stuff going on, I'm not keeping track of it.
                I know what you’re saying. What I meant is that over the last week we’ve been seeing all types of oddball **** from the Yarde camp if this was an isolated incident than people (me at least) wouldn’t care.

Comment

Watching that reminded me of the Emanuel Taylor mitt work for the Broner fight.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    I can’t keep track of what’s England, what’s great britian and what’s the United Kingdom I guess lol.

And I guess we’re at odds on this one too.
                    A lot of Brits get confused about that too. They think "Great Britain" is an alternative name for the UK, but that's not so.

"Great Britain" is actually the geographical name of the island containing England, Scotland, and Wales. It was named "Great Britain" by the ancient Greek geographers because it is the largest of the British Isles.

The United Kingdom is England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

A bit of interesting history .. before the Roman invasion, the north of England was a Celtic kingdom called Brigantia, and the tribe who lived there were the Brigants or Brigands. After the invasion, many of the Brigands moved further north and joined with Scottish tribes in raiding and harassing the Romans.

Eventually, the Romans built Hadrian's Wall to try and keep these raiders out of their territory, and to this day, the term, "brigand" is still used to describe outlaws and bandits.
                    Last edited by kafkod; 07-17-2019, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      A lot of Brits get confused about that too. they think "Great Britain" is an alternative name for the UK, but that's not so.

"Great Britain" is actually the geographical name of the island containing England, Scotland, and Wales. It was named "Great Britain" by the ancient Greek geographers because it is the largest of the British Isles.

The United Kingdom is England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

A bit of interesting history .. before the Roman invasion, the north of England was a Celtic kingdom called Brigantia, and the tribe who lived there were the Brigants or Brigands. After the invasion, many of the Brigands moved further north and joined with Scottish tribes in raiding and harassing the Romans.

Eventually, the Romans built Hadrian's Wall to try and keep these raiders out of their territory, and to this day, the term, "brigand" is still used to describe outlaws and bandits.
                      I love history like that. I always thought Great Britain and England were names that could be swapped out. I knew UK was the four though.

My background is mainly Acadian. Also a country that no longer exists. Acadia was the east coast of Canada and parts of New England (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI, Maine, New Hampshire etc.)and when the British came the acadians were banished to the swamps which became New Orleans, and the term “Acadian” turned into “Cajun”

Prograis is the only notable Acadian/Cajun fighter I can think of, though he’s pretty small for an Acadian.

Comment

Working...
                      X