Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does teddy atlas train fighters anymore?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does teddy atlas train fighters anymore?

if not, why not?

I think he works with kids, but nothing to serious. He's been to busy commentating and doing work with his charity and such.

Comment

Seems like he does more commentating.

That's just as well. I don't think highly of him as a trainer of pro fighters anyway.

Comment

No Because He Gets Mad And Pulls Pistols Out On Them

Comment

teddy atlas is big in boxing, i think his time now is better spent working with comissions and networks to improve the sport

Comment

I never thought Teddy prepared his fighters very well. He got too stuck on one idea. He was a great in corner motivator though. There is no one in history who would flip on a fighter and tell him what he needed to hear like Teddy Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntin View Post
              if not, why not?

He's making more money and not having to get up at 6AM to make sure his fighters are doing their roadwork.

Comment

In his book he mentioned that he promised a friend who passed away that he would train his son in a couple years (?) when he turned in a certain age. It's been about that time since the book was written so maybe now is working with that kid. Obviously we're not talking pro-training but training nonetheless...

Comment

Originally posted by jcarr71 View Post
                  I never thought Teddy prepared his fighters very well. He got too stuck on one idea. He was a great in corner motivator though. There is no one in history who would flip on a fighter and tell him what he needed to hear like Teddy Atlas.
                  I don't agree.

Atlas would tell Moorer the right things, but Moorer barely even listened.

Against Holyfield, he slept-walked in the rounds after Atlas pleaded with him to fight harder.

The other pro fighters viewed as head-cases/underachievers that Atlas worked with, such as Briggs and Grant....what success did they have with Atlas?

Comment

No he doesn't train them anymore, He's too busy jinxing them while commentating for ESPN

Comment

Working...
                    X