Cotto vs Brook would be a good fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would Cotto destroy Spence?

Comment

Goooood fight. I like to see it. I can see Cotto's left hook breaking the right optic again. It'll be fun, tho, as long as it lasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        Not at any point in Cotto's career, if all were equal. Now it'll be a mismatch.

Comment

Even after the back to back eye socket rapings. Cotto vs. Brook would be very, very good and the best possible fight i can think of for Miguel...

Yes'sir......you are right. Kell Brook should be one of the candidates to fight Cotto at 154.

Amir Khan as well at a catch weight.

And Lucas Matthysse at 150 or so would be a good fight for Cotto's last fight.

Cotto should accept that a "BIG" money fight may not happen.

But fighting these guys on PPV can get about 300,000 to 350,000 PPV buys.

Which wouldn't be a bad way to go out. He can earn about $5 million or so.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
            Not at any point in Cotto's career, if all were equal. Now it'll be a mismatch.
            An in his prime Cotto of 2008 that fought Gomez after beating Mosley would give Spence problems.

I have to see more of how Spence's career pans out first and how he does. As of right now, not enough seen of what Spence can do.

At the moment from what I've seen prime for prime I would pick Cotto to win by decision.

As Spence's career progresses I may change my stance on that.
            Last edited by True That; 09-04-2017, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Cotto better stay away from them young boys Spence and Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                An in his prime Cotto of 2008 that fought Gomez after beating Mosley would give Spence problems.

I have to see more of how Spence's career pans out first and how he does. As of right now, not enough seen of what Spence can do.

At the moment prime for prime I would pick Cotto.

As Spence's career progresses I may change my stance on that.
                Fair enough. This version of Spence would beat any welter/super welter version of Cotto. Think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                  Yes'sir......you are right. Kell Brook should be one of the candidates to fight Cotto at 154.

Amir Khan as well at a catch weight.

And Lucas Matthysse at 150 or so would be a good fight for Cotto's last fight.

Cotto should accept that a "BIG" money fight may not happen.

But fighting these guys on PPV can get about 300,000 to 350,000 PPV buys.

Which wouldn't be a bad way to go out. He can earn about $5 million or so.
                  His fight against Martinez did about 350k PPVs. Hard to believe that a fight with Brook would generate similar numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                    Fair enough. This version of Spence would beat any welter/super welter version of Cotto. Think about it.

Based on beating Chris Algieri and a fragile post Golovkin Brook?

Spence is a hell of a fighter, I just have to see more of him and what he can do.

I'm basing things on what I've seen so far from both. I may have Spence ahead of Cotto eventually but not based on what I've seen so far from both at the moment. Just my view and opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                      His fight against Martinez did about 350k PPVs. Hard to believe that a fight with Brook would generate similar numbers.
                      If promoted properly it may do about 300,000. Probably fall short of that.

Those numbers though were more for a fight with Matthysse or Khan.

Brook is a harder sell.

Out of the three I prefer to see:

Cotto vs. Matthysse
                      December 2nd at Madison Square Garden

Comment

Working...
                      X