No announcement yet.

I'm calling it right now, Saul Alvarez won't be on the Mayweather Co-feature

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    It would be stupid for Mayweather to guarantee Alvarez a fight if he wins. What if Trout was robbed? What would Mayweather gain from fighting Alvarez then?

Alvarez needs to man up, fight Trout, and if Mayweather won't fight him then oh well. Mayweather will receive the criticism for that. Not fighting Trout because he isn't guaranteed the Mayweather fight makes Alvarez look like a pathetic joke, which many think he already is.
    The biggest payday outside Pacquiao.

If Mayweather won't take the biggest payday fight then he should not be called "Money"

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSun
      Quote:

Originally Posted by PulpFriction

I'm pretty sure everyone has called this. Who knows maybe saul and mayweather agree on may 4th to fight each other.

I also have my money on Mayweather NEVER fights Canelo ala Pacquiao. The fight will never happen
      why should this fight happen?
      whats was Canelos biggest win? Josesito Lopez?
      Matthew hatton? Ryan Rhodes?

wait was it Alfonso Gomez? Lightweight Jose Miguel Cotto?

no it was Shane Mosley (a guy who lost his last 3 fights... couldnt pull the trigger... fighting at a weightclass he was never relevant at, and still Canelo barely brought the fight to him)

"the truth is the truth... the sky is too big for me to cover it" - Angel Garcia

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSun
        Quote:

Originally Posted by bojangles1987

It would be stupid for Mayweather to guarantee Alvarez a fight if he wins. What if Trout was robbed? What would Mayweather gain from fighting Alvarez then?

Alvarez needs to man up, fight Trout, and if Mayweather won't fight him then oh well. Mayweather will receive the criticism for that. Not fighting Trout because he isn't guaranteed the Mayweather fight makes Alvarez look like a pathetic joke, which many think he already is.

The biggest payday outside Pacquiao.

If Mayweather won't take the biggest payday fight then he should not be called "Money"
        Pacquaio was a Payday + a legacy boost

where are Canelos PPV numbers? anyone got them?

Comment

Originally posted by thatdudespits View Post
          why should this fight happen?
          whats was Canelos biggest win? Josesito Lopez?
          Matthew hatton? Ryan Rhodes?

wait was it Alfonso Gomez? Lightweight Jose Miguel Cotto?

no it was Shane Mosley (a guy who lost his last 3 fights... couldnt pull the trigger... fighting at a weightclass he was never relevant at, and still Canelo barely brought the fight to him)

"the truth is the truth... the sky is too big for me to cover it" - Angel Garcia

If Mayweather calls himself "Money" there's no reason this fight shouldn't happen. That's funny you mention Mosley because that's who Mayweather rather be fighting and then almost get KO'd by the past-prime slurring 40 year old.

I don't blame Mayweather for ducking Canelo. The guy is young, has power/speed and carries his weight at 154lb. Oh right Mayweather is a 147lber right? He really didn't fight delahoya at 154lb 6 years ago, nor was his last fight with Cotto at 154lb.

You're right the world would love to see Mayweather/Ortiz II.

Comment

The best part of this thread is all the Floyd fans making excuses to why Floyd is ducking Canelo. It quite funny

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              He won't be but that is not the reason why~

They never intended Canelo to be on that card, but this does a few things links Canelo with Floyd, creates drama between the men and gets Canelo's name more out there. It is a perfect use of free marketing~

It will also add more juice the Floyd is ducking/afraid of Canelo talk which is already starting. What is one of the best ways to promote a Floyd fight? Make it seem like he is ducking the other guy because a group of fans will eat that up and not shut up about it.

This is fight promotion at it's finest really, so take it in.

Indeed it has already begun~

Do you think they just set this up for April 20th today~ this has been the plan all along.

Comment

Working...
              X