Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every Chinese takeaway is equal to a glass of lard!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't had chicken fried rice or Singapore fried noodles in aaaaaages...

Too pricey for someone who's broke. :conf3:

Comment

Spring rolls don't have lard in them, they must be talking about egg rolls. And you guys call take out food "takeaway"?

Comment

you know none of this **** matters if you eat it sparingly and are active.

Comment

A combination of prawn crackers, crispy duck, chicken balls and spring rolls have a whopping 2,823 calories and 132.5 grams of fat.

This is the equivalent of a wine glass full of fat, research for weight loss product Lipobind has found.

Not many people eat that much though. Homemade Chinese dishes are actually very healthy. Bolied rice, vegetables and lean meat is a great dish. The little bit of vegetable oil in itself is not a bad thing, unless you put far too much in the pan or wok. Lots of the takeaway stuff is deep fried in batter or dripping with oil, which is what makes it so bad. The fried rice doesn't help either.

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
            Not many people eat that much though. Homemade Chinese dishes are actually very healthy. Bolied rice, vegetables and lean meat is a great dish. The little bit of vegetable oil in itself is not a bad thing, unless you put far too much in the pan or wok. Lots of the takeaway stuff is deep fried in batter or dripping with oil, which is what makes it so bad. The fried rice doesn't help either.
            That sounds tasty, actually. I should buy a wok and try it. I don't suppose I could get away with using just a pan to make all that...?

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
              That sounds tasty, actually. I should buy a wok and try it. I don't suppose I could get away with using just a pan to make all that...?
              Yeah, a deep pan is OK I think. I actually prefer the homemade stuff. You can't beat the fresh ingredients.

Comment

I dread to think how many calories I consume at a Chinese all you can eat. I reckon it has to be around 10,000 maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
                  Yeah, a deep pan is OK I think.
                  Awesome, I've got one of those.

So if I just pan fry some chicken and dunk that into boiled rice, I'll end up with a healthier version of the takeaway stuff, right? Do I need oil, btw?

Comment

So if I just pan fry some chicken and dunk that into boiled rice, I'll end up with a healthier version of the takeaway stuff, right? Do I need oil, btw?
                    BBQ is the best way to cook meat.

Comment

Mix the chicken pieces with a little bit of flour and pepper in a sandwich bag or other small plastic bag and leave for 20 minutes or so. Then add to the pan and stir in your vegetables towards the end. You can add a bit of cornflour too. Then add to the rice. If it's sweet and sour you add vinegar and pineapple and a bit of brown sugar.

I'm no expert lol. I've just been trying things out for the past year or so. Cooking is easy. You just need to want to do it. I want to get into it more.
                      Last edited by paul750; 08-07-2010, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X