Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bert to move down to 140 Pounds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He looks too top heavy and muscular for 140. I doubt he would make the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew BackAtacha View Post
      well tyson used to say he was 5'11, but i see your point. He is a player at 147 but because of his physical disadvantages he would not beat these guys i mentioned. Funny, i would give him more of a shot against Mayweather than i would against P-Will
      I think he would of beaten 5'9" Collazo in a rematch, and appearently Collazo does too. He lose to non drained Williams, but he'd might be weight drained at 147. Cintron would be a tough fight for Berto, but he handled 5'11" Miguel Rodriguez well, and KO'd via uppercut. Not saying those two are on the same skill level, but at 147 he could win. Honestly at 147 the only guys that would be a sure loss are May and Pac. I really don't think Mosley will want it, at least for his next immediate fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
        I think he would of beaten 5'9" Collazo in a rematch, and appearently Collazo does too. He lose to non drained Williams, but he'd might be weight drained at 147. Cintron would be a tough fight for Berto, but he handled 5'11" Miguel Rodriguez well, and KO'd via uppercut. Not saying those two are on the same skill level, but at 147 he could win. Honestly at 147 the only guys that would be a sure loss are May and Pac. I really don't think Mosley will want it, at least for his next immediate fight.
        You make your point well. I definently think Collazo is bigger than 5'9 tho, he was taller than Mosley, who is 5'9. Cintrons a tough fight, i pick Berto in a decision there. I DO think Mosley would fight him nxt - Mosleys not getting any younger.

Comment

You make your point well. I definently think Collazo is bigger than 5'9 tho, he was taller than Mosley, who is 5'9. Cintrons a tough fight, i pick Berto in a decision there. I DO think Mosley would fight him nxt - Mosleys not getting any younger.
          Had Berto and Mosley had fought in Jan, I think it would of been a great fight, but ultimately Berto's chin may have gave him away. Most likely, Mosley would of won. That's the same reason why he could lose to Cintron. But if they fight in the fall or winter, more likely than not, I think Berto would win, though he certainly could lose. Mosley isn't getting any younger, and that's why I think he would want to fight guys like Cory Spinks, the IBF champ, and the WBA interm champ Senchenko to retire a champ, or at least face those guys before Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
            Had Berto and Mosley had fought in Jan, I think it would of been a great fight, but ultimately Berto's chin may have gave him away. Most likely, Mosley would of won. That's the same reason why he could lose to Cintron. But if they fight in the fall or winter, more likely than not, I think Berto would win, though he certainly could lose. Mosley isn't getting any younger, and that's why I think he would want to fight guys like Cory Spinks, the IBF champ, and the WBA interm champ Senchenko to retire a champ, or at least face those guys before Berto.
            at 154? Mosley has no business there. Id still pick him against Spinks tho. Spinks has even less pop than Malinaggi. I dont think Bertos chins that bad - hes been in with a few punchers

Comment

at 154? Mosley has no business there. Id still pick him against Spinks tho. Spinks has even less pop than Malinaggi. I dont think Bertos chins that bad - hes been in with a few punchers
              If I were GBP, I'd tell Mosley to let the young ones like Cotto and Berto fight each other, and go fight Senchenko or Spinks, or the IBF champ and retire a champ. Though if he wanted to fight those young guys, I'd have to respect it. Berto's chin isn't iron clad, but it's good enough, especially if he improves defensively. I bet Khan would kill to have Berto's chin.

Comment

Maybe Berto was just joking?

Comment

Working...
                X