No announcement yet.

Re watched Mayweather vs. Ortiz.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    Live, I didn't know what to think but all the crying and booing from the crowd was hilarious. The crying got even louder as they replayed the two piece over and over

39:50

At first I wasn't laughing, but when I saw that Ortiz wasn't getting up, I couldn't stop for about five minutes. With every replay, it was more and more absurd what had just happened. I still can't help but laugh about it. Great way for that fight to end.

As much as I don't like Mayweather, I was almost a fan after that.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      The second half of the Peterson fight is why I knew Mayweather would kick the crap out of Ortiz. Way too many people convinced themselves that Ortiz was a different fighter at 147, with nothing to back it up.

I laughed so hard when Ortiz got knocked out. That was some of the stupidest **** I've ever seen a fighter do.
      This is how I felt in a nut shell..

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        At first I wasn't laughing, but when I saw that Ortiz wasn't getting up, I couldn't stop for about five minutes. With every replay, it was more and more absurd what had just happened. I still can't help but laugh about it. Great way for that fight to end.

As much as I don't like Mayweather, I was almost a fan after that.
        See, live I didn't catch on to the countless times Ortiz was using his head, I was so stunned I couldn't fully the decipher the situation, but after re-watching it, it was definitely one of the funniest moments in boxing and Ortiz deserved to get got like that. There couldn't have been a better ending man.

Another thing I'd like to note, there was an instance where he used his head and Cortez heavily warned him, Mayweather responded by smiling, that was his way of letting Ortiz know that he knew exactly what Ortiz is plotting, I think it all added up in the end. Here is what I'm talking about,

Jump to 0:20,

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
          I love that goddamn sound Steward makes when Mayweather knocks Ortiz out.

Classic moment in commentary.

Comment

As much as people said Floyd "sucker-punched" him, the ref said "let's go" or something to indicate the start of the action, and Ortiz is still hugging Floyd. Stupid.

I'll tell you one thing that Floyd gets away with though, and that's hitting after the ref says break. The ref will say "break" from a distance, and as the ref walks in, Floyd keeps punching after the other fighter stops and the ref backs away.

Comment

You got all this from watching him with lol Ortiz lol? Alrighty then!

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                Im sorry, but im not sold on all this Floyd arse licking.

In the ortiz fight he was actaully getting through. With some clean shots. It really wa a shame that floyd cheap shtted him.

Shane mosley at 38 years of age, very nearly koed floyd in round 2, it was basically him gassing out that made floyd "look good".

Cotto, way past his best and wrong weight class got through many times on floyd, with very little subtley. DHL won their fight nd he was past his best, i could go on, castollo robery etc.

Facts are hes signed a 6 fight deal that shows hes either addicted to money or hes got a gambling problem and has massive debts. EAITHER WAY i dont think it will end well for him
                Lmao you really are a troll aren't you?

If not, it's quite pathetic how stupid you are.

I'm actually embarrassed, as a fellow Brit, that you have Froch in your avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                  Im sorry, but im not sold on all this Floyd arse licking.

In the ortiz fight he was actaully getting through. With some clean shots. It really wa a shame that floyd cheap shtted him.

Shane mosley at 38 years of age, very nearly koed floyd in round 2, it was basically him gassing out that made floyd "look good".

Cotto, way past his best and wrong weight class got through many times on floyd, with very little subtley. DHL won their fight nd he was past his best, i could go on, castollo robery etc.

Facts are hes signed a 6 fight deal that shows hes either addicted to money or hes got a gambling problem and has massive debts. EAITHER WAY i dont think it will end well for him
                  To every thing you said....Whhhhaaatt???

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    As much as people said Floyd "sucker-punched" him, the ref said "let's go" or something to indicate the start of the action, and Ortiz is still hugging Floyd. Stupid.

I'll tell you one thing that Floyd gets away with though, and that's hitting after the ref says break. The ref will say "break" from a distance, and as the ref walks in, Floyd keeps punching after the other fighter stops and the ref backs away.
                    Word. Also, Floyd did literally the exact same thing in the Gatti fight... its his MO...Ortiz should of recognized the whole PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES because Floyd will take advantage if you dont.

Comment

It will be a much duller place when floyd retires, thats for sure.

Even though he has annoyed me at times, i have always and will always appreciate Floyd jr

Comment

Working...
                      X