Explain your tweet addiction, if it exists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain your tweet addiction, if it exists

Any tweet addicts here???

How does tweeting turn into a freakin daily insatiable urge?

I know quite a few people at work, and other places, that tweet all day and all night ... endlessly! And its so bad that they can barely hold a conversation anymore. Their responses to questions have become short, often topic unrelated and detached.

How can something so basic become so consuming????

Twitter addiction is a new form of addiction introduced at the beginning of the 21st century when the popular social networking platform, Twitter, captured the minds of the masses. It’s great fun to tweet. At the same time, tweeting can also be quite addictive. It’s, therefore, imperative to strike a balance between effective tweeting and overcoming urges to over-tweet.

Like any form of addiction, addictions usually arise due to a feeling of emptiness in the absence of the addiction as we try to cling to something that is lacking in our lives. The addiction helps to make us tense such that we are not worried about other more worrying matters, or for the purpose of trying to attain what we want, such as making us feel more loved, for example. A lot of the time, people also replace one addiction with another addiction. That also does not help matters. The best way to cure any addiction or addictive mindset, including a Twitter addiction, therefore, is to release the tense yearning as you tweet, when performing any other task, or just when existing in your daily lives. It’s important to release the tension, to release the excessive longing for what is lacking in your daily lives, and to give yourself exactly what you are longing for instead of an external manifestation of that yearning. Buddhist philosophy is one of the cornerstone philosophies on the planet that has beautifully encapsulated and explained these concepts.

Although Twitter does allow people to more effectively engage with each other on hot topics and in real time, it does have an effect of preventing people from seeing the forest for the trees, as the old adage goes. You may therefore want to consider not tweeting a new tweet the moment that you feel that you must tweet about it. Perhaps tweet 1 in every 5 chirps that pop into your head. Alternatively, wait one day from the time that you had wanted to chirp to tweet it the next day. You will probably find that you may only want to tweet about half as much the next day as you did the previous day.

Twitter is awsome.

Comment

I'm actually a troll on twitter, some of my classics I'll share with you.

@amirkingkhan all that money bruv & you can't break a little summit to your pops so he can fix his teeth, stop being tight.

@jennajameson If every sexual transmitted disease morphed in to a human being, it would definitely look like you

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post
        I'm actually a troll on twitter, some of my classics I'll share with you.
        classic tweets!!!

Comment

It's rare but I decided to be a follower and join Twitter when CNN said something about it years ago. I said one message on it, figured out what it really was and decided it wasn't the time for me to be a stalker. Haha. I don't care enough about people to care about their every thought.

Comment

Working...
          X