No announcement yet.

The official: Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Terrence Crawford master discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    It's a good fight, but Crawford hasn't captured anyone's imagination and Gamboa's brought himself to the verge of irrelevance. A big win here means a lot to either man, especially Yuri. I think if Terrance wins, many people might regard it as a win over an inactive smaller man. But if Gamboa manages to pull this out, he'll be seen as being real again.
    Maybe I'm living in the past (Gamboa) and hoping for the future (Crawford) but I've been excited about this fight ever scince it was made.

Comment

Crawford got this who wanna bet

Comment

Man, its been a long time since Ive been this excited for a fight. I love love love fights like this. Even moreso then the marquee fights and both guys are crazy hungry. Gonna be great

Comment

There is one thing that Gamboa has not done that Crawford has done on numerous occasions. Do you know what it is?

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            Man, its been a long time since Ive been this excited for a fight. I love love love fights like this. Even moreso then the marquee fights and both guys are crazy hungry. Gonna be great
            This right here^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              There is one thing that Gamboa has not done that Crawford has done on numerous occasions. Do you know what it is?
              Got shot in the head? Well, he only did that once I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                "At one time." That seems like ages ago. Once upon a time, I had a lot of hopes for Gamboa. I'm real curious to see what he's got left.
                Remember when it was ... Gamboa !!! ... Oh yea and those guys Rigo and Lara are really good too..

Comment

I can't see Gamboa pulling any of that Slow-Boating stuff against Crawford by the time he winds up and lunges in with one of those weird shots Crawford will probably just shell up he's not as fast as he was in the lower divisions ... If Gamboa swarms him on the ropes he may find some success but he can also get clipped on the inside and get dropped... Idk Gamboa hasn't made the smartest career moves. He's been chasing money, not legacy and this time I think he's bit off more than he can chew. Crawford by stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                    Remember when it was ... Gamboa !!! ... Oh yea and those guys Rigo and Lara are really good too..
                    How could somebody with so much hype around him just fall off like that? It seemed he was a promoters dream too.

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
                      I got Terrence Crawford keeping Gamboa at range and out boxing him. Gamboa just isn't active enough these days to be jumping up in weight and taking on fights like this. Still should be fun to watch though.
                      plus terence is a lot bigger guy than gamboa.

Comment

Working...
                      X