View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 03:34 PM #94
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Nash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,887.43
Total Points: 12,412.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
Why can't you make a response without insults....like how old are you?

It remains a fact that his "prime" lasted for a very small time and there was no real competition during that....these are the facts whether you like or not.

Why it lasted that long is another issue but you cannot take the reason for that to change facts and pretend it is not the case. Nobody is saying Mike wasn't good in case you did not get that from my post.

Also, who Mike chose to be around him and who he chose to associate himself with was his own choice. So, as sad as his story is, he is responsible for it. He is the one bragging about having sex with maids in a Japanese hotel before his fight even when his movement was restricted. And while I do sympathize with him...that he lost not only his coach and mentor but also a fatherly figure in Cus, remember that Buster wasn't in a great situation either (psychologically).

Also, let's not pretend that he was invincible during his "prime". People that applied pressure and refused to get intimidated by Mike did well. Even no-names like James Tillis, Mitch Green, and James Smith took him the distance. So, it's not like he KOed everyone during that time. If these guys can survive, so could Holyfield or Lewis or Bowe. And had these guys fought Mike during that era, they would have beaten him either by points or KO.

I am a Mike Tyson fan and have respect for the guy as a boxer and as a person (mostly for his later changes in life), but let not fanboyism keep us from talking and accepting reality.
Yeah, if Mike say in his "prime" had beaten Lewis, Bowe and Holyfield, then came back and wasn't as good, then the whole prime thing would hold up, but he wasn't. He just beat a few b minus level guys at best, and the rest were no tougher than your average lorry driver. I would have walked through half of those bums.
Nash out is online now   Reply With Quote