No announcement yet.

playstation 4 no sound after update?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playstation 4 no sound after update?

not gonna give this place much hope but doesnt hurt to ask.....

so i updated my ps4 last week to the newest version. after the update the sound stopped working!

the weird part about this is the sound for the controller still works. so if im playing nba 2k19 and gets foul, you can still hear the whistle through the controller.

it's just that the actual game itself has no sound. if i go to settings and click on sound, when you increase or decrease the bars, you can also hear the beeping sound that it makes.

i've already tried unplugging all cords and leave it alone then plug it all back up but still no sound! is my ps4 defected?

Does this happen for all your games or just that one?

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post

so i updated my ps4 last week to the newest version. after the update the sound stopped working!

the weird part about this is the sound for the controller still works. so if im playing nba 2k19 and gets foul, you can still hear the whistle through the controller.

it's just that the actual game itself has no sound. if i go to settings and click on sound, when you increase or decrease the bars, you can also hear the beeping sound that it makes.

i've already tried unplugging all cords and leave it alone then plug it all back up but still no sound! is my ps4 defected?
      I think your going to need to reset your console but do a back up first .

Comment

It means you're gay. Sorry bro, but that's undeniable scientific proof right there

Comment

Sounds like some of the data in your update could have been corrupted. Unless they have an option for a factory reset (which I doubt) you'd have to get a Sony rep to help.
          FWIW, I've had stuff like this in Xbox resolve after the next update.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
            Does this happen for all your games or just that one?
            yes, happens to all games, but on the main menu when you go into settings and click on sound, when you increase/decrease the sound, you can hear the beeping noise that it makes.

Originally posted by WarHagler View Post
            I think your going to need to reset your console but do a back up first .
            already did this. reset and still have the same problem.

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Sounds like some of the data in your update could have been corrupted. Unless they have an option for a factory reset (which I doubt) you'd have to get a Sony rep to help.
            FWIW, I've had stuff like this in Xbox resolve after the next update.
            a factory reset? im not sure, but i did reset my ps4, not sure if it was factory reset? anyways, i guess i'll just sit it out and wait until the next update and see if that changes anything.

Comment

Try a different HDMI cable.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                Try a different HDMI cable.
                already try this as well. i've also try plugging it into a different hdmi outlet but still the same issue with no sound. it has to be a system issue, i dont think it has anything to do with the hdmi cable as i am still able to hear the beeping sound that it makes when i go into settings and adjust the sound, it's just that in the game itself, it has no sound.

Comment

already try this as well. i've also try plugging it into a different hdmi outlet but still the same issue with no sound. it has to be a system issue, i dont think it has anything to do with the hdmi cable as i am still able to hear the beeping sound that it makes when i go into settings and adjust the sound, it's just that in the game itself, it has no sound.
                  Yeah it was just something to try. Very odd, I've just googled the issue and there doesn't seem to be much discussion.

I'd just use a decent set of headphones plugged into the pad and like you say, hope it sorts itself out in the next update.

Comment

turned on my ps4, still no sound, got a software update notification. clicked on it. updated from 6.50 to 6.51 and now i have sound again! lol. all good in the neighborhood! good thing i waited because i almost trashed this one and bought a new ps4 lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X