No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis Stops Juan Jose Velasco, Secures WBSS Spot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
    Prograis isn't gonna last long against top level opponents his defense sucks!! He needs to get a new trainer plus he needs to start sparring with head gear on!! He's putting unnecessary miles on his body already. Good win though he has some power but if he wants to have staying power he can't be getting hit that much against a c level opponent.
    Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
    The head gear part scares me. Muhammad ali supposedly did that as well at times and look at the result. As far as not lasting against top level opponents, depends who you are referring to. I don't see much at 140 that would beat him. Ramirez? Doubt it!

Head gear is to protect from cuts and cosmetic injuries, literally has no effect on accumulated brain damage. Do some research and you'll see it's well documented. If anything I feel it makes your head a bigger target to get your bell rung more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      Don't get me wrong if he can beat Prograis or Taylor I will give him his props. I don't care about the Imam win because he lost to Granados who I don't consider a good fighter at all.
      Granados was a world title elimination fight....he is a hell of a lot better than anyone Prograis has fought.

Imam known has hardest hitter in the 140 and he couldn't even slow down Ramirez with his best shots...

One word always used to describe Ramirez STRONG

Comment

• Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
        Prograis will destroy Ramirez. The first loss for Regis will be at welterweight.
        Well you haven't seen what Ramirez has done to several world champions in sparring. Regis still hasn't fought a top opponent

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Head gear is to protect from cuts and cosmetic injuries, literally has no effect on accumulated brain damage. Do some research and you'll see it's well documented. If anything I feel it makes your head a bigger target to get your bell rung more often.
          This is true....the study also said headgear spreads the force of the shot actually making it more damaging.

Comment

• They said Prograis was the best at 140 , they said he destroys both Garcia & Ramirez.

That's fine , but the question is will those same people give Ramirez & Garcia the credit when they beat Prograis?

To me both Ramirez & Garcia are on another level then Prograis, their gonna have a relatively easy night defeating Prograis IMO.

Comment

• Prograis already fought a huge puncher in Joel Diaz and he walked right through him. He fights just like Henry Armstrong and this style was never a problem for him. Prograis will lose some fights in his career because of his style, but no one will be able to make it look easy. He is competitive against anyone at 140 and 147 and has a chance to beat anyone ( Crawford and Spencer included) on any given night.

Comment

• Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
                They said Prograis was the best at 140 , they said he destroys both Garcia & Ramirez.

That's fine , but the question is will those same people give Ramirez & Garcia the credit when they beat Prograis?

To me both Ramirez & Garcia are on another level then Prograis, their gonna have a relatively easy night defeating Prograis IMO.
                Mikey doesn't have a chance of hurting Prograis. He cant punch at 140. He never hurt Broner and never hurt that kickboxer he fought last. No I don't count flash knockdowns where the guy gets up and keeps fighting like nothing happened.

Comment

They said Prograis was the best at 140 , they said he destroys both Garcia & Ramirez.

Ramirez will beat Prograis based on what. I was ringside for Ramirez/Imam, as was Regis. He was licking his chops! I can't blame him. He will easily beat Ramirez. Put your money up. We can start at 100, 500, or whatever. Ramirez sucks!

Comment

Agreed both Ramirez and Garcia are better...wont be easy, but they win. Prograis has never fought anyone close to these two and has a lot of complete bums on his resume...Ramirez never fought a guy with losing record, unlike lots of Prograis opponents

Comment

• Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
                      Ramirez will beat Prograis based on what. I was ringside for Ramirez/Imam, as was Regis. He was licking his chops! I can't blame him. He will easily beat Ramirez. Put your money up. We can start at 100, 500, or whatever. Ramirez sucks!
                      After last night Prograis should be taken down a couple notches. Prograis never fought anyone with the power, pace and pressure of Ramirez who can take the best shots and keep coming. What is Prograis claim to fame? Imdongo a B level fighter on two weeks notice lol please Regis is very good, but last night did not help his rep Velasco is nothing and he marked up Prograis.

Comment

Working...
                      X