No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jesus Rojas May Face Can Xu in Year-End Title Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jesus Rojas May Face Can Xu in Year-End Title Defense

According to World Boxing Association (WBA) "regular" featherweight world champion Jesus Rojas, his next opponent could be Chinese contender Can Xu, who is the top rated boxer in the WBA rankings.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I’m always down to see Rojas. But have no idea who Can Xu is. Talk about a terrible name for a boxer.

Comment

I'm surprised the belt didn't become vacant since he lost the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
        it's not suprising, because it's the WBA.

Lebedev was able to Keep his WBA title, even though he lost against Gassiev. I still dont know why he was allowed to keep it.

Comment

The reason why he was allowed to keep his belt is because Diaz didn't make the 126 lb weight. He was overweight therefore the title isn't on the line. If you can't make the weight you shouldn't compete in the division. Think about it like this , if i'm sacrificing to make weight & my opponent doesn't comply with his obligation, is it right that my title should be on the line? Rojas is older & bigger than Diaz yet he made his contractual obligation by making weight. In this circumstance i totally agree with the WBA.
          Last edited by sugar ray lenrd; 08-16-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
            I’m always down to see Rojas. But have no idea who Can Xu is. Talk about a terrible name for a boxer.
            if the fight is held in Puerto Rico, I do need a vacation...hmmm not a bad idea....

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
              The reason why he was allowed to keep his belt is because Diaz didn't make the 126 lb weight. He was overweight therefore the title isn't on the line. If you can't make the weight you shouldn't compete in the division. Think about it like this , if i'm sacrificing to make weight & my opponent doesn't comply with his obligation, is it right that my title should be on the line? Rojas is older & bigger than Diaz yet he made his contractual obligation by making weight. In this circumstance i totally agree with the WBA.
              I still think the title should have become vacant at least, since he lost. Feels off to me that hes considered world champ but he lost a fight as champion. I like Rojas alot but I dont like that wba rule.
              Last edited by Rikanlynx86; 08-16-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I still think the title should have become vacant at least, since he lost. Feels off to me that hes considered world champ but he lost a fight as champion. I like Rojas alot but I dont like that wba rule.
                Rikanlynx,
                I feel you bro, but he didn't lose to a featherweight, he lost to a guy that weighted over 126 lbs. Rules are rules. He lost to a super featherwgt/junior Lightwgt. Dude should have made weight. Why should a champion lose his title to someone who didn't do the requirements? They decided not to allow him to attempt to make weight...then why have him compete for the title in the first place.

Comment

...just another attempt at trying to make Rojas lose the title...Rojas isn't going anywhere anytime soon...he's a fan favorite and the people's champ here in Puertorro, and still most importantly, he's a legitimate world champion!!! I hope he gets to fight here in PR, but the politics and the money won't allow that.

Comment

...it really doesn't matter where they fight, Rojas is gonna knock Chan Chu out anyway!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X