Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 Division champ is impossible to break how much more if pac become 8 division champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
    It certainly isn't impossible when you have mediocre titlists. You think all of Pacquiao's titles were hard to get? Hell no. At least two or three of the 8 division titles are from tricycle drivers like Ledwaba and David Diaz, one was obtained from a fighter who got it by beating a tomato can and the JMW title is waiting in Pacquiao's backyard right now.

So it certainly isn't impossible. I can name quite a few divisions with tomato cans who own titles right now. And let's not forget that Pacquiao skipped a few divisions, so he could have been as high as 9 or 10 right now if he hadn't, and he could have reached 7 or 8 without even fighting at WW. So it's definitely not impossible. In fact, one of the big reasons Pacquiao did it is because he had such a short amateur career, and he turned pro while he was still developing, which allowed him to make the lower weight classes. Guys like Cotto and Floyd, who both fought at VERY low divisions as teenagers could have did that if they turned pro earlier. Don't get me wrong, he deserves a lot of credit for the accomplishment, but it certainly isn't impossible.
    lol@ledwaba being a tricycle driver, did u know that he defended his tittle 6x and he was one of the top 122lbs when pac fought him?

Yeah floyd and cotto started young but if they fought at professional at young age i do think that we r not talking about them now cuz i'm sure both of them will be beaten by those experience champions even they pick the weakest champ of the division.

Comment

how many division was sugar ray robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Ben d great View Post
        yes, that record can be break to any one in the future but not for the moment. only one Pacman in the world who has the ability to hold that record.That even Floyd jr is putting his tail between legs.
        I don't know if someone could break it but u have to be a very special fighter in order to achieve what pac has done, even a special fighter like floyd who is born in a family of a boxer could only manage to get 5 division champ.

Comment

the 4 lineal titles record is far more impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
            lol@ledwaba being a tricycle driver, did u know that he defended his tittle 6x and he was one of the top 122lbs when pac fought him?

Yeah floyd and cotto started young but if they fought at professional at young age i do think that we r not talking about them now cuz i'm sure both of them will be beaten by those experience champions even they pick the weakest champ of the division.
            I corrected myself about Ledwaba. Tricycle driver was a very bad way to say what I meant. I'm willing to say he was a pretty good fighter, but I never really liked him.

And I don't know about Cotto because he turned pro at 140 and I haven't seen much of his amateur fights at the lower weights, but I do know that if Floyd was able to get his title at 130 as early in his career as he did, he certainly could have gotten one at Junior Featherweight and Featherweight if he had turned pro earlier. He would have been there slightly before guys like Morales and Barrera starting dominating, and those 3, along with a select few were the only ones who stood a chance against him.

Plus Floyd's not the only one who could have. If Oscar started earlier, he certainly could have too. I mean he was only one title away from it anyways.
            Last edited by BoxerDood; 08-29-2010, 10:42 PM.

Comment

The likes of Diaz, considered the weakest 135lbs division champ at that time, is still the defending champ. Cotto, for it being at a catchweight, was also the defending champ. So Pacquiao gaining those belts is still legit, though some were just abc paper belts. But this upcoming fight, where no one is the defending champ, or both not being rated in the division, and it being a catchweight, puts a question mark to the effort to make it look more legit than it is.

I don't mind Pacquiao gunning for another belt and history, but they should do it better. If its Margacheato, so be it. But why does it have to be a catchweight?
              Last edited by Georgeshills; 08-29-2010, 10:58 PM.

Comment

The next closest thing is Hoya and he got a gift decision for the Strum fight. Hoya didn't win that fight and it wasn't even close....and I'm a big Hoya fan. Pacquiao beating Diaz for the 135 belt is way better than Hoya getting a gift decision for the Strum fight. It's just amazing that Pac skipped 115 and 118. He may have been a 9 weight division champ by now LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                  I think if pac become the 8th division champ then there is no way that someone will break that record anymore even they will build a fighter just to collect belts from a different division.

So haters u better rejoice for that u are very lucky to witness the greatness in your very own eyes that past and future generation boxing fans will never see again.

All hail the great pacman manny pacquiao.
                  yes it would be an impressive feat.

Comment

Its almost impossible but still possible. All you have to do is follow what Pacquiao did. Pretending to be a 18 years old when if fact he was just a malnourished 16 years old kid fighting full grown men in pro boxing. You also must posses all those Pacs attributes and have a very very strong determination to succeed.

Comment

with today's technology on performance enhancing drugs a 18 year old kid in the 105 division will be knocking out welters by the time he is 30
                      no offense to pac, he will always be the pioneer, kinda like duran

Comment

Working...
                      X