No announcement yet.

According to Kevin Iole, this Saturday will be Larry Merchant's last cast

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    Well you know Lampley is very positive (often unduely so) so it balances out.

I always saw Larry as a realist who didn't buy hype or nuthug on the fighters, I hope we don't get another crawler in his place.
    Eh... I hate saying this, but I always always felt that Merchant had a bias towards a certain set of fighters. He always seemed to bash the likes of Bowe and Tyson during the 90's .I feel that Merchant viewed Tyson as 'the thug type'. He's right, but his bias in his commentary really does show.

He shows heavy favoritism towards Wladimir Klitschko as well. Than when Wlad keep getting knocked out it was as if he just leapt off the band wagon.

You ever get the feeling of under tone racism? I just got that from Merchant.
    /Shrug

During the Wlad vs Peter fight, it was OBVIOUS Wladimir was clinching at every chance and even Harold Letterman was screaming about it, but Larry just kept saying 'no he's perfect he's perfect, he's fine he's fine, I don't think he holds' during that entire rambling,Wlad managed to clinch 9 more times....

Comment

His time is up but no doubt he will be missed
      His interviews after the Pacquiao Marquez fight Saturday were pathetic
      Never afraid to speak his mind tho so fair play to him

Comment

Hope RJJ can be hired on a full time basis.

Comment

They need to hire paulie malignaggi!

Comment

Actually I gotta give it up to Paulie as a commentator. I think he's a **** boxer but he's actually a pretty good commentator/analyst.

Comment

I don't agree with everything he says but Larry is a legend. I'm so used watching fight and hear his voice. Larry is part of boxing.

Comment

An end to a era. Happy trails Larry, you will be missed.
                Pretty nice guy, my dad was at Dodgers stadium and met Larry, Larry took time out to talk to my dad about boxing even though the game was over.

Nice guy all around.

Sidenote, I actually like Max, Roy, Bob, but Jim not so much. Jim has always had a nuthugging bias towards his HBO fighters..ODLH, PacMan etc. When will his time be up?

Comment

Working...
                X