Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Shane Mosley have an All-Time Great chin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Shane Mosley have an All-Time Great chin?

I don't know if Shane quite cracks my top 100, which is about my cap for ATG. If I were ever to learn enough to make such a list, he just doesn't feel like he'd be on it. But there is no doubting whatsoever that he had a chin of steel. Just watching the Cotto fight right now and he absorbed some flush bombs. And I know Cotto's not an ATG puncher or anything, but he's a damn good one and Mosley took those punches like nothing. He's been in other wars, too and only ever went down against bigger guys and was never really that badly hurt from what I remember. So does he have one of the greatest beards you ever saw?

I think he has a very good chin and possibly great, but I personally would hold reservation on "atg" til has career is over and we are looking back.

Doesn't help getting hurt and dropped by Forrest who was not a very hard puncher. Not alot of great punchers on his resume either in my opinion.

Can I edit my answer tomorrow night?

Comment

Yes not quite Hagler/Margarito/Ali/Camacho etc but the very next tier down

Comment

There are better chins, ie. Hagler and guys like that but yeah Shane has a great chin. U dont get the feeling he cant be hurt and it dosnt matter what lands on him but he holds a big shot real well

Comment

He absolutely has a ATG chin. He has only been hurt once in his entire career and that was against Forrest. And he fought in the steroid era against people caught using roids. And he didn't duck ANYBODY in his entire career.

Now if Pac drops him tonight than I may have to change my answer.

Comment

Considering Shane has been blocking punches with his face for a long long time now, and has been in there with a handful of pretty good punchers and only been down what? Twice? Fair to say he has an excellent chin.

By no means is it the best chin I have ever seen or even close. But it is definitely an excellent set of whiskers if I ever saw one.

Comment

Other than Forrest who ropped Mosley? I cant think, only Vernon as far i can recall...

What stays with me more than the KD he took against Forrest is the YELP he let out after getting Belted hard to the body along the ropes in their first fight! It sounded so painfull!

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                Other than Forrest who ropped Mosley? I cant think, only Vernon as far i can recall...

What stays with me more than the KD he took against Forrest is the YELP he let out after getting Belted hard to the body along the ropes in their first fight! It sounded so painfull!

Only one man has dropped Shane Mosley as a professional and that man was Vernon Forrest R.I.P.

Comment

He isnt very good defensively and gets hit clean a hell of a lot,yet its rare too see him hurt or stunned,that tells me he has a very good chin,an ATG chin? Il let you know tomorrow,its certainly going too get tested tonight

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    I think he has a very good chin and possibly great, but I personally would hold reservation on "atg" til has career is over and we are looking back.

Doesn't help getting hurt and dropped by Forrest who was not a very hard puncher. Not alot of great punchers on his resume either in my opinion.

Can I edit my answer tomorrow night?
                    it's not like he dropped for no reason, he got a concussion in that fight

and i dont care how hard forrest is "suppossed" to hit, but what he hit shane with looked brutal

Comment

Working...
                    X