No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire Steps Up Training For Juarez Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire Steps Up Training For Juarez Clash

Five division world champion Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire is training twice a day now that his December 13 fight against Cesar Juarez in Puerto Rico is for the world title which was stripped for inactivity from Guillermo Rigondeaux during the recent WBO Convention in Florida.

Donaire’s wife Rachel told the New Standard/BoxingScene.com that Donaire was “excited” about the fight and the opportunity to once again go after a world title.

[Click Here To Read More]

WAR NONITO!!! Sucks he was injured and crippled for the Rigo fight, otherwise he would have beaten the hell out of Rigo with ease. And that messed with Nonito mentally... if not, he would still be at the top of the sport.

Comment

Rigondeaux is going to end up fighting Donaire again

Comment

Fake azz champion!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          Rigondeaux is going to end up fighting Donaire again
          Rigo could make some nice money but not sure Donaire would want the rematch or if the networks would want to broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            Rigo could make some nice money but not sure Donaire would want the rematch or if the networks would want to broadcast.
            In this interview he said he would of targetted Rigo if his next fight wasn't for a vacant belt. Not sure if he'd still follow up for a revenge match considering it actually is for the vacant WBO belt now, he's said in the past he'd like it but that was a year or two ago.

I think Donaire would still take it, after all, he's the only one to take the challenge. But obviously fights with Frampton-Quigg winner and for the WBC belt would be bigger paydays.

Comment

Wonder who bob will sacrafice him to

Comment

This is going to be a good fight. Juarez is underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                  In this interview he said he would of targetted Rigo if his next fight wasn't for a vacant belt. Not sure if he'd still follow up for a revenge match considering it actually is for the vacant WBO belt now, he's said in the past he'd like it but that was a year or two ago.

I think Donaire would still take it, after all, he's the only one to take the challenge. But obviously fights with Frampton-Quigg winner and for the WBC belt would be bigger paydays.
                  I think somewhere in the back of his mind he knows that he cannot beat Rigo.....I'm not sure any rational fan believes he can either. He could make the fight closer but then again maybe not because he has since been thrashed by Walters and that can make him susceptible.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    I think somewhere in the back of his mind he knows that he cannot beat Rigo.....I'm not sure any rational fan believes he can either. He could make the fight closer but then again maybe not because he has since been thrashed by Walters and that can make him susceptible.
                    Call me naive but I truly think he didn't take the fight as serious as he should of. Robert Garcia trained him over the phone at least half of the camp. He had no bounce in his legs. Donaire can at least do better than the first fight and definitely win by stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                    X