Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better resume: Chad Dawson or Joe Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better resume: Chad Dawson or Joe Calzaghe?

simple question.
    best wins

Dawson
    Tomasz Adamek
    Glen Johnson x2
    Antonio Tarver x2
    Bernard Hopkins (if he wins)

Calzaghe
    Chris Eubank
    Jeff Lacy
    Mikkel Kessler
    Bernard Hopkins
    Roy Jones jr

best wins very close. But better resume, Calzaghe.

People need to give some credit to the longevity of ones career and unbeaten streaks. (as long as you fight someone with a pulse.)

Oliver Mccall arguably have better wins than Wladimir, but is not even close to as great.

Comment

Is this inspired from the other thread?

If Dawson beats Hopkins then their resume's are very close.

Which is laughable, really.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Is this inspired from the other thread?

If Dawson beats Hopkins then their resume's are very close.

Which is laughable, really.
        you got it

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post

People need to give some credit to the longevity of ones career and unbeaten streaks. (as long as you fight someone with a pulse.)

Oliver Mccall arguably have better wins than Wladimir, but is not even close to as great.
          Calzaghe didn't fight anyone with a pulse for the majority of his title defenses so the longevity aspect is irrelevant.

Comment

Which is the whole point of the debate. You can't seriously consider Calzaghe's win over Jones Jr in any way a good win. As it stands it's usually pointed out as one of Calzaghe's best wins. It's not debatable that Dawson's win over Tarver was a better win on the resume. You also can't equate Oliver McCall's resume to Dawson's so that point is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              Which is the whole point of the debate. You can't seriously consider Calzaghe's win over Jones Jr in any way a good win. As it stands it's usually pointed out as one of Calzaghe's best wins.
              Well, it's not a win i rate at all. Just like i don't do it for hopkins.

You also can't equate Oliver McCall's resume to Dawson's so that point is irrelevant.[/I][/B]
              I wasn't. I said it to point out better wins does not always equate a better resume.

I don't feel it's irrelevant.

Comment

Well, it's not a win i rate at all. Just like i don't do it for hopkins.

I wasn't. I said it to point out better wins does not always equate a better resume.
                I don't feel it's irrelevant.

In the case of Calzaghe and Dawson, it does.

Comment

The fact that Dawson is 29 and already has a comparable resume tells you how much of a joke Calzaghe was. Also Calzaghe's win against Byron Mitchel>>>>>his wins over Roy and Lacy
                  Last edited by SCtrojansbaby; 10-11-2011, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Better resume? Calzaghe

Better fighter? Calzaghe

Sorry haters

Comment

Working...
                    X