Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO Tripleheader: Salido-Garcia, Golovkin-Rosado, Martinez-Burgos Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Chavez jr vs 3G, make it happen
    Yessir!!! I'm so ready for this one to happen. I've played this out in my mind a couple times, and if this doesn't turn into a potential FOTY, then IDK shit about boxing lol

I've heard fans also call for Quillin/GGG, but they already have Rubio lined up after Guerrero, which is fuckin lame. Pirog should be the one fighting Rubio as a tune-up.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Yessir!!! I'm so ready for this one to happen. I've played this out in my mind a couple times, and if this doesn't turn into a potential FOTY, then IDK shit about boxing lol

I've heard fans also call for Quillin/GGG, but they already have Rubio lined up after Guerrero, which is fuckin lame. Pirog should be the one fighting Rubio as a tune-up.
      It will if Jcc Jr does something instead of stalking for 11 rounds.
      I doubt it though because both will be coming forward

Comment

• Mikey is the man. Absolute domination.

I hate that people are *****ing about the ending. in 8 rounds he dominated the fight enough to win 3 times over. This is a business, he had literally nothing else to prove...Salido flings his head in there, severely breaks Mikey's nose and than it's like "dishonorable" or some stupid *****. Please.

Anyone remember Izzy vazquez/Marquez 1? Yet people don't say dick about Vazquez.

Mikey is a pro's pro. Perfect movement, not afraid to smother a pressure fighter and break his momentum, doesn't yield to the bull***** pressure to just go to war. Patient, has pop, has a great sense of distance...I don't have a negative word to say about the kid.

Comment

• Burgos got robbed, that is what i hate about fights that go to the cards you never know what idiot judge is sleeping during the fight. Rosado was just to inexperienced for Golovkin even though Rosado showed a ton of heart he is just so green that is what happens when you start late and have no amateur exp. Golovkin is a very solid fighter and could hang with anybody at his weight. Salido looked old against Garcia and it looked as if Garcia could of got rid of him at any time but chose to stay back and be patient which cost him a broken nose and a ****ty way to win the title if there is a ****ty way...Can't wait for Zab vs. Garcia should be a good one the winner should fight the dad...

Comment

• Did anyone score any rounds in Rosado's favor? I gave him rounds 4-5. I thought he outboxed and out landed Golovkin in those rounds even though he got hit with the harder shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Did anyone score any rounds in Rosado's favor? I gave him rounds 4-5. I thought he outboxed and out landed Golovkin in those rounds even though he got hit with the harder shots.
              i thought he won round 5 by a good bit. I think GGG thought so too because he seemed to pick it up the next round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                i thought he won round 5 by a good bit. I think GGG thought so too because he seemed to pick it up the next round.
                Round 4 was questionable but I thought he definitely (lennox) won round 5. That clown Harold Lederman had it for GGG though...

Comment

Round 4 was questionable but I thought he definitely (lennox) won round 5. That clown Harold Lederman had it for GGG though...
                  After the 5th GGG realized that he wasn't putting on the performance he or the HBO people expected. To his credit, he fought better the next round.

Lederman has had as many bad days as he had good days in the last year or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    After the 5th GGG realized that he wasn't putting on the performance he or the HBO people expected. To his credit, he fought better the next round.

Lederman has had as many bad days as he had good days in the last year or two.
                    He was probably awed by Golovkin's punching power and all Rosado's blood..

Comment

He was probably awed by Golovkin's punching power and all Rosado's blood..
                      No that was larry. I'm sure Mrs merchant got that ass tore up when the fight was stopped.

Comment

Working...
                      X