Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLH: Adonis Stevenson vs. Oleksandr Gvozdyk set for December 1st in Montreal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will see what Dyk's chin is really made out of in this fight.

Comment

Gvozdyk should win but props to Adonis for taking this fight.

Comment

Really happy for Gvo. Fantastic talent, good boxing instincts, and a nice guy to boot. LHW has gone through a lot of recent changes but it's about to get interesting now that the belt is no longer being held hostage.

Comment

Originally posted by boogbx View Post
          Gvozdyk should win but props to Adonis for taking this fight.
          Props? He had no choice. And even now the fight is not official yet regardless of what Sulaiman said in his Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
            YAWN... Stevenson's been holding the belt hostage since he's won it. Thankfully for him but unfortunately for us fans Kovalev took a big loss so that kills any plans for a monster fight at light heavyweight. Who knows if he'll be willing to fight Alvarez and Bivol.
            In fairness this is a decent fight, Gvozdyk is a dangerous opponent. I think he was the only guy to stop Chilemba. It should be an interesting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
              In fairness this is a decent fight, Gvozdyk is a dangerous opponent. I think he was the only guy to stop Chilemba. It should be an interesting fight.
              Definitely.
              It's unfortunate that people don't know about Gvo. I guess that's because fans just follow the hype train. If I was a LHW contender, Gvo is the last guy I'd wanna face right now. He's got ridiculous accuracy, exceptional footwork and control of distance. He may not be the biggest puncher but his other qualities more than make up for it.
              He's the one guy out of the new crop that I thought would have given Ward a run for his money.

Comment

Very, very good fight!

I didnt think Adonis would take it, but Gvozdyk chin is a little suspect and we know stevenson still has that power that he can end the fight with at any time. If Gvozdyk has him all gassed out like Jack did tho, he will finish him...because Gvozdyk is a hard puncher as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Definitely.
                  It's unfortunate that people don't know about Gvo. I guess that's because fans just follow the hype train. If I was a LHW contender, Gvo is the last guy I'd wanna face right now. He's got ridiculous accuracy, exceptional footwork and control of distance. He may not be the biggest puncher but his other qualities more than make up for it.
                  He's the one guy out of the new crop that I thought would have given Ward a run for his money.
                  How much do you account on Gdyks performance last fight against Stevenson? He looked like crap there.

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
                    YAWN... Stevenson's been holding the belt hostage since he's won it. Thankfully for him but unfortunately for us fans Kovalev took a big loss so that kills any plans for a monster fight at light heavyweight. Who knows if he'll be willing to fight Alvarez and Bivol.
                    It might not matter. He is in his 40s and looked ready to be beaten in his fight with Jack. If Oleksandr is just a little bit better than Jack he will be the new champion and Stevenson will be an ex champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                      How much do you account on Gdyks performance last fight against Stevenson? He looked like crap there.
                      I think he was just going through the motions. Probably bored with the fights since the Chilemba fight.

Adonis is dangerous early and Gvozdyk may be a tad chinny so this is intriguing. I expect Gvozdyk to be patient and calm and then take over around the middle rounds and then take Stevenson out. Stevenson has always had questionable stamina and can be hurt.

Comment

Working...
                      X