View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 05:57 PM #15
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 342,309,390.26
Total Points: 436,154,187.54

Iceman lets talk about your career from 96-01, as a pro boxer that time had to be very hard for you. Starting off the year knocking out a very over matched Jose Feliciano, you lost a UD to Henry Maske for the IBF title in Germany, lost two more UD's, one in Germany, and one in your very own hometown of Hartford.

After bouncing back with a gimmie win by tko over Scott Lopeck, you were for the first time (and only) knocked out by Drake Thadzi in Boston, then lost two more fights.

My question is, how gratifying, how fulfilling and how much of a confidence booster did you get after getting the victory over Cleveland Nelson? Going into the fight you had to be viewed as the underdog, Nelson was fresh on the scene but then coming of his very first ko loss. In picking you, in my opinion, I think his handlers saw someone with a credible record who could make Nelson look good because you had the credible record but also an easy fight since you were in such a skid. I imagine it had to feel good, to pull off the so called "upset" against a younger boxer tried to you use to get back on track and to get that final throwback win, to show people that you still had skills and to end the career you had with a win most thought you wouldnt get.

Sorry I had to get into journalist mode lol
Dice is offline   Reply With Quote