Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr ready to fight Manny Pacquiao!**BANNED**WE HAVE A MASTER THREAD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather Jr ready to fight Manny Pacquiao!**BANNED**WE HAVE A MASTER THREAD

Mayweather: I feel bad for Manny... $100m superfight must wait until September now
    Floyd Mayweather Jr confirms May 4 comeback
    Boxer tells Pacquiao to come through tune-up fights first
    Wait for $100m superfight could end on September 14
    By MARTIN DOMIN

Floyd Mayweather Jnr has not ruled out facing Manny Pacquiao in boxing's first $100million superfight - but only after the battered Filipino has at least one warm-up bout.
    Pacquiao was knocked out cold by the brutal right hand of Juan Manuel Marquez in Las Vegas last Saturday, a result which looked to end hopes of the 33-year-old facing Mayweather.
    But the five-weight world champion insists he remains interested in fighting his pound-for-pound rival, if terms can be agreed.

May the fourth be with you: Floyd Mayweather has confirmed his return to the ring will take place on May 4

Wrong side of the law: Mayweather served two months in prison before his release in August
    'Pacquiao's focus should on be on trying to take a vacation, get his mind right, and get a few tune-up fights so he can bounce back,' Mayweather told Fight Hype.
    'I feel bad for him. There's a difference in the ways you can get knocked out. See, when a guy gets knocked out and he can get up, they sit him on his stool, rub his back and he goes home to ice himself.
    'But when you gotta wake a guy up with smelling salts and got a concussion and he gotta go to hospital overnight, that's crucial. I mean, that's close to death.
    'When I offered Manny Pacquiao $40m, I told him I would wire him $20m up front, just agree to the guaranteed $40m.
    'He told me [he wanted] 50/50 and then hopped off the phone.'
    Mayweather will return to action on May 4 at the MGM Grand, his first bout since serving two months of an 87-day prison sentence for assaulting his ex-girlfriend.

Smiles better: Manny Pacquiao arrives at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila with his wife Jinkee following his defeat to Marquez (below)

Pacquiao was knocked out by Marquez in Las Vegas last week
    He also revealed he is considering hiring his father, Floyd Snr, as his trainer after his uncle Roger took ill.
    The pair have a fractured relationship and Floyd Jnr ejected his dad from his gym last year before his fight with Victor Ortiz.
    'We don't really know what the future holds for Floyd Mayweather as far as who's gonna be the trainer, but I'm leaning towards my father at this particular time,' he added.
    'My dad has to realise that I'm an adult. I just want my dad to accept and respect me as an adult. I think my dad still looks at me as his 10-year-old son.'

Back in action: Mayweather also has a date schemed in his diary to fight in September
    Mayweather will also fight on September 14 and while no opponents have been announced for either date, names in the frame include Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and Robert Guerrero.
    The 35-year-old, who remains undefeated after 43 fights, and holds the WBC welterweight and WBA (Super) light-middleweight world titles, concluded: 'I don't know who my team has scouted but whoever it is, it's going to be an exciting show.
    'I can't wait. I'm looking to go out there and perform and look well for my fans.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...#ixzz2FVK4ui6R

when see it happen, then i'll believe it. as for now, mayweather just hyping up his next fight

Comment

It isn't the "Ultra Mega Super Duper fight" that it once was........but it would be a travesty if it never happend.

Comment

Not interested

Comment

I personally think he's playing a cute PR job again.

Make out suddenly, like he wants the fight again, but there's factors outside of his control making it not so.

The latest being Pac's KO loss and him needing to get some build up fights.

Pac would do one, it wouldn't be enough, 2...there's always a new excuse from Floyd. He holds little integrity to suddenly believe his words unfortunately.

Comment

His words should be "we blew it. We blew the chance at history. With me retiring and going to jail. Him not wanting to test. Me low balling him. Him losing. Top rank. Gbp. We blew it" that's the correct answer.

Comment

Nobody wants to see Pacquiao knocked out again. Floyd and Manny won't ever fight.

Comment

Who's he fighting, Guerrero?

Comment

just think for a second what if mayweather was never scarred? everything you hate about him was made up to make pac man look better its possible and probable. mayweather will be hated if he does not fight pac man or if he does thats why I laugh at mayweathers haters. they make no sense there reality is warped in whatever way fits there hate. that goes for pac man haters as well. doubt that made sense but you get the point

Comment

This fight was a megafight 3 years ago. Now it's lost a lot of it's luster.

Comment

Working...
                    X