Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the split when Floyd fought Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
    I dont buy that they viewed Cotto as a bigger risk at 154 than Bradley at 147. The reason that fight didn't happen was because people saw the first and the outcome would be the same, they needed a fresh face in there with an '0' on the record, but for some reason it couldn't be Mayweather. Because again not only does Pac-Bradley make a lot of money for Arum it also gets a lot of exposure for Bradley as well.

check hook:
    Personally i'm on the fence. I'm just telling you their viewpoint, which was that they preferred Cotto, but not at 150 or more.

I agree with you thats why I think both sides are at fault for having ego's too big for one fight. Before that info came out that Floyd wanted all of the ppv it was pretty clear Many and his team already made up their mind they weren't fighting Floyd. Arum was already on record saying Manny's next fight would either be Cotto, Bradley or JMM and maybe we will fight Floyd in November

With that said though Floyd's proposed deal of 40 million guaranteed and no PPV was ludicrous. And he had to have known they would never agree to that.

Again, both sides egos are too big for one fight, we will likely never see it happen.

The bold is all i'm saying, but it keeps getting ignored. For weeks before Floyd got greedy it was clear Manny and Arum had no desire to make it happen. Apologies for not splitting your qute for my reply.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
      The bold is all i'm saying, but it keeps getting ignored. For weeks before Floyd got greedy it was clear Manny and Arum had no desire to make it happen. Apologies for not splitting your qute for my reply.
      Its cool... but yeah there was no chance in hell Arum was making that fight

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        floyd's next offer. ok manny i see you are playing hardball so how about i get 100 percent of the usa ppv which would total about 100 million. you get 100 percent of the philippines ppv which would total 0 dollars. i can't believe he's not accepting my offer! look everyone manny pac is ducking me!
        Pacquaio is so dumb that he would accept the offer. It makes about as much sense as Pac getting 10 percent of the revenue for his fights against Marquez, Mosley, Margarito and Clottey, but demanding 50 percent of the revenue against Mayweather at Bob Arum's (the man who only gave Pac 10 percent of the revenue against the aforementioned fighters) insistence.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
          hatton only got the UK ppv revenue floyd got the american ppv revenue.im sure floyd would let manny get the Philippine ppv revenue...
          i thought Manny's fights are shown for free in PI?

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
            Pacquaio is so dumb that he would accept the offer. It makes about as much sense as Pac getting 10 percent of the revenue for his fights against Marquez, Mosley, Margarito and Clottey, but demanding 50 percent of the revenue against Mayweather at Bob Arum's (the man who only gave Pac 10 percent of the revenue against the aforementioned fighters) insistence.
            just stop. arum has nothing to do with the fight not happening. we found out floyd wouldn't give manny any of the ppv revenue or a fair split whether he was with top rank or not. your "manny should let floyd rob him defense" is comical. is that seriously what you are resorting to now? give up. you like fighters that duck.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
              i thought Manny's fights are shown for free in PI?

Comment

2 lols here

First lol is daggum as usual

Second lol is larry actually debating his points

Comment

hatton only got the UK ppv revenue floyd got the american ppv revenue.im sure floyd would let manny get the Philippine ppv revenue...
                  Floyd can have all the PPVs in the world but it still won't happen because is health come first when it comes to PAC.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                    In the Marquez fight, after all the expenses by HBO and Top Rank were taken out, Manny got 20dollars for every PPV buys net... You do the math how many percentage is that....

Comment

hey you're comparing it to the Hatton deal.i say give Manny all the ppv from the philippines and all the ticket sales from the people who flew in from there

I have a better idea Larry...how about Pac gets the PPV revenue bought by Asian-Americans (thousands) and Floyd gets the revenue PPV bought by African Americans (hundreds). Mexican-Americans and Anglo-Americans PPV revenue (thousands) gets split by both of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X