Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crawford vs Spence would not be mega fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawford vs Spence would not be mega fight.

On youtube, there are a lot of boxing platforms claiming that Spence vs Crawford will do huge numbers. I'm just trying to figure out how? Neither guy has headlined a PPV, neither guy sales out an arena( outside their hometown), their not marketed properly, and they don't have big personalities. Explain to me how this fight does huge numbers?

Maybe not a mega fight in terms of PPV sales, but definitely a case of two excellent elite fighters fighting each other, which happens less often than it should.

Comment

Talent, Skills, Records, Championships and Intrigue.

The two best welters at this time whats not to like?

Might not be a huge ppv but maybe in two years it is!

Two very good talents.

Ray

Comment

Who specifically is saying it'll do huge numbers?

I've not seen anyone who's opinion I respect who's saying that. I can't even recall any half ass dummies who've said something like that. So I assume its just straight up dummies who are saying it. And in that case why would you listen to dummies opinions?

I think the general consensus is it'd be a fun, competitive fight, but its not doing huge numbers on any PPV kinda situation & I think most people feel like both guys are so valuable to their affiliated entity (TR for Bud, Haymon/PBC for Spence) that the fight would need to be worth more money than it is now to even happen cuz the juice wouldn't be worth the squeeze for either side.

Comment

If and when it does happen it will be very, very big.

Chances are they will join four belts and have recognition as the two best US fighters. Both could be unbeaten and in their primes.

Crawford will be growing with ESPN backing him. He’s had one fight on regular TV, one on the app. Spence profile is growing too.

Once the Heavyweight division is unified and GGG-Canelo is out the way there’s always one fight the general public want to see and this could be it. Loma-Mikey possibly but that would likely be before this so I think this could be that fight provided both keep winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Who specifically is saying it'll do huge numbers?
            That's what I'm wondering. This smells of a fake premise.

If anyone's predicting an eventual mega-fight (which I am) it's because of the paths they are on. They seem destined to collide in a very significant fight in about 2 years. Right now, they're being built. I don't know of anyone who thinks it's going to happen tomorrow. But, we can see the seeds being sewn and the fact that we're seeing so much discussion about it is proof that it's building like it should be.
            Last edited by Redd Foxx; 06-13-2018, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              That's what I'm wondering. This smells of a fake premise.

If anyone's predicting an eventual mega-fight (which I am) It's because of the paths they are on. They seem destined to collide in a very significant fight in about 2 years. Right now, they're being built. I don't know of anyone who things it's going to happen tomorrow. But, we can see the seeds being sewn and the fact that we're seeing so much discussion about it is proof that it's building like it should be.
              Yea the key word there is "eventual" & I do see people saying that & I can see that. A now mega fight is some sh^t I don't see anyone saying so I'm super curious who could be saying this who's a legit person.

Definitely smells of a fake premise or cherry picking dumb people who say nutty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                On youtube, there are a lot of boxing platforms claiming that Spence vs Crawford will do huge numbers. I'm just trying to figure out how? Neither guy has headlined a PPV, neither guy sales out an arena( outside their hometown), their not marketed properly, and they don't have big personalities. Explain to me how this fight does huge numbers?
                You're an idiot.

Simple explanation.

Comment

Maybe it's not a mega fight in terms of worldwide appeal and drawing all the casuals in, but for the hardcore, it's one of the best fights that can be made in boxing. With proper build-up and promotion, it could easily sell upwards of 500k with a nice undercard.

Comment

Maybe it won't be a mega fight but I think it would be the two best welterweights in the world fighting each other. Both boxers are attacking fighters who get lots of KO wins. It's one of my top favorite potential fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X