Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M.Marley: "Pac told me he AGREED to random testing demands, no cutoff, no if's & buts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.Marley: "Pac told me he AGREED to random testing demands, no cutoff, no if's & buts

Drug testing no longer issue for Mayweather-Pacquiao super fight
    September 29th, 2010 4:21 pm ET

Amidst all the Sturm und drang of the on then off, on then off Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao super fight negotiations, the most contentious issue on the table, under the table and behind the table has been a consistent one.

The Mayweather side has always maintained that it thinks Pacman is a drug cheater and thus it's one persistent, nonflexible demand was always for totally random drug testing.

If you recall, Pacquiao would only OK a prefight drug test up to 14 days before the fight with the mandatory postbout blood being drawn in their respective lockerrooms immediately thereafter.

The negotiations crashed twice when the hopes of fight fans worldwide were running high and the two sides started spitting at each other again. Even a self-imposed gag order did not get them to the contract stage in the second go-round.

When Pacquiao was in New York a few weeks ago to hype his Nov. 13 bout against Antonio Margarito, he quietly but firmly told me he had aceded to the random testing demand. No ifs, buts and no candy or nuts if you know what I mean.

Pacman made the statement with agent Michael Koncz standing behind him. Koncz did not seek to correct or modify Congressmanny's plain assertion.

On Tuesday, as Oscar de la Hoya visited Gleason's Gym in Brooklyn to plug Golden Boy's new relationship with Barclays Center in that boxing conscious borough, I nearly had a cardiac event when I mentioned what Manny said to GBP CEO Richard Schaefer.

Two or three other scribes were within earshot. I don't know if they were as astounded as I was by Richie Rich's quick response.

I expected a "no comment" or other form of demurral.

I mean, it's

But no such disclaimer or correction was forthcoming. Instead, Schaefer co-signed Pacquiao's statement regarding accepting the at any given time blood testing for drug use.

"If Pacquiao said that, then I'm sure he wouldn't lie about it," Schaefer said without blinking.

It's not Schaefer was intoxicated with truth serum or anything.

But I did not have him across the table, under oath in a deposition or on the witness stand undergoing cross examination.

I inquired about Mayweather and Schaefer took a pass.

"I'm not talking about Mayweather right now," Schaefer snapped.

If boxing fans have any strand of hope for Floyd-Manny to happen in 2011, I say this is it.

Random drug testing is a non-issue now and both sides have said so.

If they can't reset and, Antonio Margarito permitting, then make Floyd-Manny for next May, then I'll be compelled to write a book about their idiocy.

I wonder if can borrow John Kennedy O'Toole's title for his great New Orleans novel.

That's right. "Confederacy of Dunces."
    http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-na...ao-super-fight
    Last edited by SuckaPunch; 09-29-2010, 06:28 PM.

Yeah but he looked for 50/50.

He is not intitled to that

Comment

come on now we knew floyd would just continue to make demands after demands everytime pacquiao would agree just to fight him but in the end he is just gonna duck!

Comment

Originally posted by MONEY 32 View Post

stupid gay ***** black ass FRAUD duck! Last thing Floyd will do is to beat up women to duck Pacquiao.

Comment

Marley is the biggest ******* of all.

Comment

Originally posted by MONEY 32 View Post

Get a life

Comment

cmon now.

this is no longer news.

we all know floyd want none of pac.

he's scurrrrred.

Comment

60/40 i kick your ass

Comment

Originally posted by Squirtz View Post
                  come on now we knew floyd would just continue to make demands after demands everytime pacquiao would agree just to fight him but in the end he is just gonna duck!
                  Damn it this is the 2nd time your sig has made me have to go jerk off. ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Flood View Post
                    stupid gay ***** black ass FRAUD duck! Last thing Floyd will do is to beat up women to duck Pacquiao.
                    When he fought Cotto he done good PPV numbers similar if not more then what Floyd did with Marquez, so Floyd agreed to 50/50.

Then he done bad numbers with Clottey and Floyd did MUCH better numbers with Mosley so Floyd is intitled to bigger split....

Comment

Working...
                    X