No announcement yet.

what was wilfred benitezs best performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what was wilfred benitezs best performance

The man won three titles and fought 3 of the fab 4. What fight did we see wilfred at his best?

Perhaps Cervantes, Duran or M. Hope.

Comment

Most people won't pick this, but I was most impressed with Benitez in his win over Duran.

Comment

I agree about duran. He seemed to be in excellent physical and mental shape and that fight was score very poorly as in should not have been as close as it was. The hope fight showed him ko maurice with one shot which is pretty impressive as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
          I agree about duran. He seemed to be in excellent physical and mental shape and that fight was score very poorly as in should not have been as close as it was. The hope fight showed him ko maurice with one shot which is pretty impressive as well.
          The scoring in that fight was absurd. If Benitez hit harder he would have won by KO. He was popping Duran's head back repeatedly.

Comment

His performance in a losing efffort against Leonard was amazing.

Comment

I'll go with Hope.

Hope was a solid guy, but Benitez completely dominated him and finished him with one of the best punches you'll ever see. Benitez rarely stopped anyone, so such a finish was off-the-charts for him.

Comment

I would not pick Cervantes, as I thought it was a very close fight.

Comment

to be fair though, he was a friggin baby when he beat cervantes. a boy beating a hall of famer for his first title is kinda a big deal.

Comment

Cervantes was a very old tired fighter even at a relatively young age so defeating him at 17yrs or any age was a great win for Wilfred. I'd guess Mo Hope was his most impressive win when you look at his style and lack of power. Wilfre was a complexed man who did what he wanted when it came to his career, sometimes he trained the right way sometimes he made weight and that was it! Basic pain in the ass for a trainer, he had lots of talent but often times no motivation. I remember thinking what a interesting fight would take place at 140lbs. if..........

.....Wilfred Benitez vs Aaron Prior.............talk about a cat & mouse game!!
                    Ray.

Comment

Working...
                    X