The lineal/Ring/WBC champion never faced a MW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lineal/Ring/WBC champion never faced a MW

What a travesty this:

1) The actual MW champion never faced a MW, yet he's supposed to be a great MW?
    2) That some people assume that Canelo can actually beat Golovkin at 160, when Canelo never faced a MW let alone the BEST MW out there.

Canelo has no power for 160. He wasn't able to hurt Cotto! the same Cotto that got destroyed by Welterweights, and this while outweighting him by at least 10 pounds.

The HATE is so real man. The amount of dumbass boxing fans here is unbelievable.

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    What a travesty this:

1) The actual MW champion never faced a MW, yet he's supposed to be a great MW?
    2) That some people assume that Canelo can actually beat Golovkin at 160, when Canelo never faced a MW let alone the BEST MW out there.

Canelo has no power for 160. He wasn't able to hurt Cotto! the same Cotto that got destroyed by Welterweights, and this while outweighting him by at least 10 pounds.

The HATE is so real man. The amount of dumbass boxing fans here is unbelievable.
    It's why I never really considered Cotto or Canelo the actual MW champ, merely a technicality they hold a title related to the MW division.

I don't agree though that either can hurt a MW. With their speed and skill they're both legit threats to the lesser skilled MW's.

Comment

Any fight between 154 and 160 lbs is a MW fight, so your post is incorrect.

Canelo has not fought anyone at the MW limit of 160.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Any fight between 154 and 160 lbs is a MW fight, so your post is incorrect.

Canelo has not fought anyone at the MW limit of 160.
        The OP looks to be from Argentina...Maidana is about to retire...Matthyse lost Postol, Martinez got dethroned and accepted Cotto's bout, Diego Chaves got a beat by Thurman... makes sense about the hate.

People don't understand the limit agreement. 160 is the most advantage a Middleweight can have. In reality, a 2 lb challenge for supposedly the best fighters in the world is not a big deal. Ironically p4p really means weight ain't no thang but a chicken wang!

Oh yeah there is Heilland at 160. Argentinian fans should be wanting that... i already said several times before about Southpaws at 160 vs GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post

Canelo never faced a MW let alone the BEST MW out there.

This is true... At least Cotto fought Martinez and Geale (who actually are MW)...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            This is true... At least Cotto fought Martinez and Geale (who actually are MW)...
            yeah, but he drained them down to 158 and 157

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              yeah, but he drained them down to 158 and 157
              you dont happen to play cs go do you?

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                at the risk of showing my age, I dont know what that means?

Comment

OP is terrified of Canelo for some reason. Won't stop talking about him.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    lol you don't got CS Go why you lying?

Comment

Working...
                    X