Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judging by todays standards Floyd's win over Baldomir is totally legit.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judging by todays standards Floyd's win over Baldomir is totally legit.

Yes,I've come to realize this!!I've always been a heavy critic of Floyd!!I've always seen him as someone who cherrypicked his way to the top,but lately it's become clear that what's good enough for his counterpart must be good enough for Floyd!!At least Baldomir was a lineal titlist at 147 when Floyd breezed by him!!He was a real champ in a real weight class!!It would seem hypocritical for any other fan of other fighters who love catchweights for vacant titles to ever try & discredit Floyd's run at 147 again!!Therefore as suck,I will no longer talk crap about Floyd because the boxing world has started to accept less of it's fighters who claim to be greats!!

Also,when Floyd fought Oscar for his jr middleweight title,Oscar weighted in at 154,so Floyd deserves a ton of credit for that too!!By todays standard,Floyd is this generations greatest fighter,I've come to realize this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
      Yes,I've come to realize this!!I've always been a heavy critic of Floyd!!I've always seen him as someone who cherrypicked his way to the top,but lately it's become clear that what's good enough for his counterpart must be good enough for Floyd!!At least Baldomir was a lineal titlist at 147 when Floyd breezed by him!!He was a real champ in a real weight class!!It would seem hypocritical for any other fan of other fighters who love catchweights for vacant titles to ever try & discredit Floyd's run at 147 again!!Therefore as suck,I will no longer talk crap about Floyd because the boxing world has started to accept less of it's fighters who claim to be greats!!
      Lineal titles are good for people like Dan Rafael to talk about.

Everybody knows the big fights are about the challenge. Pac and Mayweather could fight for a Cracker Jack plastic ring and it's still the biggest fight out there.

Baldomir should not be a challenge for any elite fighter.

Comment

15 year old CANELO KO d BALDOMIR

And his win over HOYA is nothing but controversial,thats probably most boring fight I ever saw in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by CUNG LE View Post
          15 year old CANELO KO d BALDOMIR

And his win over HOYA is nothing but controversial,thats probably most boring fight I ever saw in my life.
          Say whatever U like about it,but Oscar was a real champ who weighted in at 154 while Floyd weighted in at 149!!That's legit!!

Also Baldomir was a real champ in a real weightclass when Floyd schooled him!!these are facts,Floyd did it cleanly & at the real weight classes,by todays standards,that is enough!!

Comment

Originally posted by mariobrotherpr View Post
            Lineal titles are good for people like Dan Rafael to talk about.

Everybody knows the big fights are about the challenge. Pac and Mayweather could fight for a Cracker Jack plastic ring and it's still the biggest fight out there.

Baldomir should not be a challenge for any elite fighter.
            Baldomir was a champion,he had belts,he actually beat a champion to earn the Champion title!!That makes it totally legit!!By today's standards that is actually above & beyond necessary!!

Comment

Say whatever U like about it,but Oscar was a real champ who weighted in at 154 while Floyd weighted in at 149!!That's legit!!

Also Baldomir was a real champ in a real weightclass when Floyd schooled him!!these are facts,Floyd did it cleanly & at the real weight classes,by todays standards,that is enough!!

lol cleanly

and Oscar was shot and he still beat the crap out of Floyd and Floyd Sr. said that Hoya won that fight

and Baldomir got KO d by 15 year old kid Canelo a year later

Comment

Baldomir was a champion,he had belts,he actually beat a champion to earn the Champion title!!That makes it totally legit!!By today's standards that is actually above & beyond necessary!!
                1. Baldomir was a champion = True.

2. He had belts = True.

3. He actually beat a champion to earn the champion title = True.

4. That makes it totally legit = True.

That's why the lineal championship argument BS seduces cheap journalists.

Was Baldo a bigger threat than Cotto or Margarito?

I say no.

Comment

after pac's done with him...margarito WILL be the new baldomir

Comment

Originally posted by mariobrotherpr View Post
                    1. Baldomir was a champion = True.

2. He had belts = True.

3. He actually beat a champion to earn the champion title = True.

4. That makes it totally legit = True.

That's why the lineal championship argument BS seduces cheap journalists.

Was Baldo a bigger threat than Cotto or Margarito?

I say no.
                    That's the point,homey!!Baldomir was absolutely not the biggest treat to Floyd,but by todays standards,it was enough!!Is Margarito the biggest treat for a championship fight at 154,absolutely not,so if it's ok for that today,then obviously it was ok for Floyd!!That my friend is the point!!

Comment

Working...
                    X