Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your opinion on energy drinks.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used to be a sugar free redbull addict... but acid reflux made me stop.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
      Black Coffee is my energy drink...
      Yessirrr.....Black no sugar

Comment

Energy drinks are loaded with sugar and just plain ole nasty! I prefer a real fruit smoothie (not from Mcdonalds) and an energy bar.

Comment

Coffee-based drinks have too much caffeine in them for my liking.

Energy shots are good only when you know you're not going to be able to sleep for more than 24-hours, and take one at the crashing point to keep going. They are extremely effective, far more than anything else in this category, but not healthy for you at all.

Basic energy drinks I really like, in their sugar-free form. I'm fairly resistant to their effects, but they wake me up just a little bit and have no negative side effects I've noticed, only positive, and depending on your location there's always a brand that can be gotten for dead cheap. More than one can a day is not recommended though.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
            Coffee-based drinks have too much caffeine in them for my liking.

Energy shots are good only when you know you're not going to be able to sleep for more than 24-hours, and take one at the crashing point to keep going. They are extremely effective, far more than anything else in this category, but not healthy for you at all.

Basic energy drinks I really like, in their sugar-free form. I'm fairly resistant to their effects, but they wake me up just a little bit and have no negative side effects I've noticed, only positive, and depending on your location there's always a brand that can be gotten for dead cheap. More than one can a day is not recommended though.
            This sounds like an advertisement by a energy drink company

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              This sounds like an advertisement by a energy drink company
              Most of the main brands are way overpriced, you have to look for specials in filling stations, some of which produce their own budget variety at like 2 for $2. I'd never buy any from a supermarket.

Comment

I feel like energy drinks haven't been around long enough to know the long term damage it does to your body. Saying that i drink 5 a month maybe, different kinds as long as they are like grape or fruit punch. does make u **** too quick but sometimes I need to be awake in the morning. Seeing what fourlokos does there is no way it can be good for your body, worse than coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
                  Most of the main brands are way overpriced, you have to look for specials in filling stations, some of which produce their own budget variety at like 2 for $2. I'd never buy any from a supermarket.
                  Oh yea of course, especially red bull....2.25 a can now? GTFO

While I have used the cheaper ones, I have always found redbull to be the best and gives me a different buzz. The cheap ones give me a coffee buzz

Comment

This yerba mate energy drink by Guayaki is dope:

(only the berry flavor)

Not a ton of sugar (10gm), Organic, Fair Trade. Of course, if you can just make your own yerba mate that's the best way to go but if you're at the store and need something quick this is a good drink gives a lot of energy (to me it's "cleaner" than a typical caffeine/taurine type drinks).

oh and if you want to chill and have something to help you sleep, Bob Marley's Mellow Mood tea (anti-energy drink) is awesome (owned by the Marley family). It's a type of tea with valerian root, lemon balm, passion flower, etc that help sleep:

The medication I'm on daily has caffein in it so I really don't drink energy drinks anymore, just a cup of yerba mate in the morning or an espresso I make at home.
                    Last edited by ИATAS; 09-07-2012, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Oh yea of course, especially red bull....2.25 a can now? GTFO

While I have used the cheaper ones, I have always found redbull to be the best and gives me a different buzz. The cheap ones give me a coffee buzz
                      Vodka and redbull or jäger bombs are great. Too expensive to drink though!

I only drink a redbull once a month or so when I've literally no energy and tired at work. Usually if I've not had enough sleep or not been drinking a lot of water.

Comment

Working...
                      X