Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rate floyd as an all time great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have him around 69 best

Comment

Ring magazine had him in the top 40 after tha hatton fight

Comment

Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
        I think you have to break it down into 2 catogories for Floyd.

Actually boxing ability/technique - within the top 15 boxers for me (like mentioned I don't have enough knowledge of older fighters to have a top 100 or something like that.)

His actually legacy/who he has fought - this is the most frustrating thing about the man. He actually could have been considered one of the greatest of all time (certainly from my perspective) had he fought more often. His resume is simply not good enough to be considered inside the top 20-30 fighters. If he fights pac and wins next year and then takes on say another top rank fighter, retires unbeaten (although I don't give too ****s about a loss on a fighters record) he may sneak into 20-25.
        If he fights pac and wins he comes imo the greatest boxer ever

wtf is going on wheres all this hate comeing from

imo floyd is a nailed on top 15 fighter of all time, i have him somewhere near the 4-8. castillo and corales when both were in their prime. judah and hatton when they were both close to thier primes. his outboxing of and mastery of judah and sugar shane show he can fight quick fighters but imo his win over DLh has to stand out as his greatest victory.

he was fighting DLH, on DLh's terms at his weight and still came through with the win.

imo pbf's win over DLH is greater than any of pacmans wins over recent comp (although the cotto one is close).

mayweather is the best pure boxer we have in the sport. period.

Comment

35-40 range

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
            If he fights pac and wins he comes imo the greatest boxer ever

wtf is going on wheres all this hate comeing from

imo floyd is a nailed on top 15 fighter of all time, i have him somewhere near the 4-8. castillo and corales when both were in their prime. judah and hatton when they were both close to thier primes. his outboxing of and mastery of judah and sugar shane show he can fight quick fighters but imo his win over DLh has to stand out as his greatest victory.

he was fighting DLH, on DLh's terms at his weight and still came through with the win.

imo pbf's win over DLH is greater than any of pacmans wins over recent comp (although the cotto one is close).

mayweather is the best pure boxer we have in the sport. period.
            please post your top 10

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
              First of all Hearns was one dimensional. And half that after he took a shot or two. He was very exciting with that killer straight right but after that, what? Do you really in your heart of hearts think he would have stood a chance against Mayweather? A lot of exciting fights but the drama was always high because of that supect chin.

Duran ****in quit in the second fight with Leonard. Thats a enough for me but I will go on. Duran was a bully fighter like Mayorga but more accurate. Like Hatton, he shines against stationary targets and does a lot of reaching. But he was easily frustrated and fairly easy to hit. Floyd,IMO, would run rings around him for 12rds. Floyd would never make the mistake Leonard made which is fight Duran's fight.

Floyd is as close as Ive seen to mastering the science in every aspect. I know everyone says he's all defense but real boxing fans know that is far from the case. I know for a fact that atleast 41 boxers and multiple sparring partners can confirm that. It boils down to hit and not get hit and no one since Ive been alive has done it better against such a high level of competion.
              HIGH level of competition my ass.................DURAN AND HEARNS fought ATGS.....................mayweather cherrypicked at 140 and 147....................ducking like a b1tch does his pimp...........................and please dont compare hatton to duran son...............LOL..............i see youre a "0" groupie.....so CALAZAGHE is higher than duran and hearns as well then???

Comment

Originally posted by infamous larryx View Post
                please post your top 10
                dont bother asking him, he obviously hasnt been watching boxing long

I would say floyd would be at the around 35-50 range of all time greats, adding pac to it would get it to around 15-25 since pac is around the 5-15 mark for all time greats.

after that floyd has potential to get even higher depending on the fights he takes

thing that would do it for floyd is beating another atg, that would really boost him, very rarely you have boxers beating fellow atgs

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  First of all Hearns was one dimensional. And half that after he took a shot or two. He was very exciting with that killer straight right but after that, what? Do you really in your heart of hearts think he would have stood a chance against Mayweather? A lot of exciting fights but the drama was always high because of that supect chin.

Duran ****in quit in the second fight with Leonard. Thats a enough for me but I will go on. Duran was a bully fighter like Mayorga but more accurate. Like Hatton, he shines against stationary targets and does a lot of reaching. But he was easily frustrated and fairly easy to hit. Floyd,IMO, would run rings around him for 12rds. Floyd would never make the mistake Leonard made which is fight Duran's fight.
                  ****ing hell, where do I start.

This is damn funny, Hearns one dimensional ?, the **** have you been watching ?. Hearns could outbox almost anyone, yes Mayweather included, in fact it's one of the worst match ups Mayweather could possibly get, could brawl as good as anyone, could hit extremely hard with both hands, huge heart.

Duran was a bully fighter like Mayorga but more accurate.
                  Don't really know what to say, except that you clearly haven't watched any Duran at all. Duran was a counter puncher first and aggressive fighter second, he was a type bully but nothing like Mayorga at all, to even mention their names together is blasphemy.

Like Hatton, he shines against stationary targets and does a lot of reaching. But he was easily frustrated and fairly easy to hit. Floyd,IMO, would run rings around him for 12rds. Floyd would never make the mistake Leonard made which is fight Duran's fight.
                  You mean moving targets like Edwin Viruet who lost near enough every round in 2 fights ?, or maybe Vilomar Hernandez who lost most rounds and KOd late ?. OR are you basing Durans entire style of a 2nd fight with Leonard, which was fairly even the whole way, where Leonard rematched Duran straight away knowing that he'd balloon up between fights and that being the way to beat him as he wouldn't be himself ?.

no one since Ive been alive has done it better against such a high level of competion.
                  Must be 9 years old then (it shows), there was this one guy called Pernel Whitaker, not sure if you've heard of him or not though.
                  Last edited by NChristo; 12-30-2010, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                    dont bother asking him, he obviously hasnt been watching boxing long

I would say floyd would be at the around 35-50 range of all time greats, adding pac to it would get it to around 15-25 since pac is around the 5-15 mark for all time greats.after that floyd has potential to get even higher depending on the fights he takes

thing that would do it for floyd is beating another atg, that would really boost him, very rarely you have boxers beating fellow atgs
                    let me see your list.......

Comment

Working...
                    X