Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember when people used to care about TEKKEN games?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Remember when people used to care about TEKKEN games?

Tekken 6 has got a 9.0 on ign, but no-one gives a damn.

I remember the old days of the ps1, when pps used to never shut up about Tekken, it was the coolest thing ever.

haha, yeah the only person i know who wants to play this game is my old lady, and the only OTHER game she was interested in this gen was LBP... go figure

to me, a simple fighting game like that isnt worth nearly $60 this gen... there's so much more available out there for that kinda money, this should be a $40 game for all it offers...

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
      haha, yeah the only person i know who wants to play this game is my old lady, and the only OTHER game she was interested in this gen was LBP... go figure

to me, a simple fighting game like that isnt worth nearly $60 this gen... there's so much more available out there for that kinda money, this should be a $40 game for all it offers...
      Yeah i agree entirely, you need to be offering more these days, no way is this worth as much as final fantasy 13 which will cost the same

Comment

Jin was the best fighter until they changed his fighting style

Comment

Damn, it got a 9 ?? This sounds promising. Love the Tekken franchise. too bad they're so expensive. Most likely gonna wait awhile until I can get it on sale.

Problem is fighting game is'nt offering enough. You beat story mode which gives you the bare minimum of a story and all there's left is Survival mode. They should really add something to it. The Tekken franchise have been trying with Tekken Bowling, Tekken Force and custom characters. But they need something more. Something that'll make you put the game in on other occasions then a few battles while drunk with a few buddies, talking flashback memories.
          Last edited by Grand Champ; 10-27-2009, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
            Damn, it got a 9 ?? This sounds promising. Love the Tekken franchise. too bad they're so expensive. Most likely gonna wait awhile until I can get it on sale.

Problem is fighting game is'nt offering enough. You beat story mode which gives you the bare minimum of a story and all there's left is Survival mode. They should really add something to it. The Tekken franchise have been trying with Tekken Bowling, Tekken Force and custom characters. But they need something more. Something that'll make you put the game in on other occasions then a few battles while drunk with a few buddies, talking flashback memories.
            Thing is what can they add?

some horrible psdeudo-rpg elements like Soul Calibre?

nah, just drop the price a bit i think.

Comment

i probably wouldve bought it, but i already have street fighter IV, so meh....im loads better at tekken, but i cant just spend money on another fighting game....

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
                Tekken 6 has got a 9.0 on ign, but no-one gives a damn.

I remember the old days of the ps1, when pps used to never shut up about Tekken, it was the coolest thing ever.
                Meh, fighting games are dated. Press some buttons, move on to the next stage, rinse and repeat. Gets boring.

Comment

I kind of agree with a few guys here. For me its not really worth it on a couple of levels. First the money. Secondly it really adds nothing new to the fight genre.

I'll stick with FN4 which has better built in replayability. i.e Career mode. Character creating, real life matchup simulations. Works nicely as a game a group of guys can throw in for an hour or so before a football/baseball/basketball game or big fight since its fast paced and the sticks get moved around.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
                    Thing is what can they add?

some horrible psdeudo-rpg elements like Soul Calibre?

nah, just drop the price a bit i think.
                    True, the leveling up on soul calibur was a little weird. What I would've done is putting more focus on the story, making people feel for the fighters getting some smart writers to work on a good story. Especially since the Tekken story makes no sense right now. Also Tekken force, it's always dated graphic, and very repetitive modes you go through (remembering back to Tekken 3) If they used a little effort on the graphics, making it as good as Dead or Alive 4 and some smart idea for fighting and moving around like Ninja Gaiden it would be better and more people would pick it up I think, maybe making it an action-adventure mode.
                    Last edited by Grand Champ; 10-27-2009, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X