No announcement yet.

Cung Le on Fighting Anderson Silva.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cung Le on Fighting Anderson Silva.

Cung Le is coming off of the biggest win of his career, a victory over MMA legend Frank Shamrock. Le recently sat down with our friends over atMMAFrenzy to discuss the win, and his future.
    Of note, was Le's thoughts on fighting UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva:

I feel my promoter is open to do a co-promotion, but I know the UFC isn’t willing to do one, but I am sure that Dana White can come in and borrow me for one fight, but of course he has to pay my promoter something.

I’m sure something can be worked out, if the fans really want that fight, and if Dana could make it happen I am sure my promoter Scott Coker would be open to it.

When asked how Le thinks he would fair in a fight with Silva, Le was humble as always.

I am going to answer you like if I was asked if I would beat Frank, I don’t know. I didn’t know if I was going to beat Frank, I don’t know if I would beat Anderson if I fought him. The only way I would find out if I could beat him is to fight him.

To all my opponents, doesn’t matter if it is Mike Altman my first MMA fight, to an Anderson Silva, who is pound for pound the best in the world, I respect them all the same. They are martial artists and they train, they live the martial arts lifestyle. I have respect for all my martial arts brothers out there, and then if we step into the cage, then we step in the cage, which then is do our best to win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anderson Silva 1st rd KO...wouldn't even b close imho.

This fight would rule.

Comment

yea sont rule out Le, I think silva wins but gotta give props to Le's humbleness

Comment

Cung Le can strike with the best of em...

Comment

Originally posted by th4l3pr3ch4un View Post
          Cung Le can strike with the best of em...
          he really can, and those kicks of his against shamrock - nasty.

this is by no means a mis-match in andersons favor.

actually, i got le beating silva.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
            he really can, and those kicks of his against shamrock - nasty.

this is by no means a mis-match in andersons favor.

actually, i got le beating silva.
            I wouldn't count him out, he needs more fights thouh imo.

Comment

Damn, the Le bandwagon is in full effect. Le hasn't shown me anything really. He has 1 win against a name opponent who hasn't really done **** in years and everyone is swingin from his nuts. He's defenatly got talent, and will probably be one of the best if he keeps at it, but at this point in his career, a fight with Silva would be a massacre....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                Damn, the Le bandwagon is in full effect. Le hasn't shown me anything really. He has 1 win against a name opponent who hasn't really done **** in years and everyone is swingin from his nuts. He's defenatly got talent, and will probably be one of the best if he keeps at it, but at this point in his career, a fight with Silva would be a massacre....
                if you've followed, or know le, like i do - then you're above the whole bandwagon talk.

his transition from sanshou has been seamless. looks really comfortable in there-silva has a lot to worry about from this cung.

Comment

Thinking about it this would be a good fight le has very good striking. this would be an excellent matchup

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                    Lol, I've been following Le since well before his jump to MMA so I sort of have an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                    X