Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: I Always Prepare Like It's My Last Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Broner: I Always Prepare Like It's My Last Career Fight

By Jake Donovan - “It ain’t bragging if you can back it up.”

If Muhammad Ali didn’t coin the aforementioned phrase, he sure as hell validated it (He’s also alive and well, in case there remained any concern). Adrien Broner has a long way to go before getting within sniffing distance of ‘The Greatest,’ but he’s learned to ply his trade with every bit as much enthusiasm as he continues to thrive while in the prime of his career.

The unbeaten lightweight titlist wasted no time in capitalizing on his breakthrough performance last November, destroying top lightweight Antonio DeMarco in Atlantic City. Broner returns to the same location – quickly becoming his home away from his actual Cincinnati hometown - fighting just three months later as he headlines a February 16 HBO-televised card against former 140 lb. champ Gavin Rees.

For years, it had become a disturbing trend for the sport’s top fighters to only appear once or twice per year, and not always against top – or even respectable – competition. Broner still has a way to go on the resume-building front, but next Saturday’s ring appearance will mark his seventh straight fight on HBO in the span of under two years. [Click Here To Read More]

Broner is a G.

Comment

yet you cheated escabedo on teh scales

Comment

broner is destined for greatness

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Broner is very skilled likable actually funny dude looking forward to see him in there with some competition.

Comment

A lot, if not all, of these quotes by Broner are over a month old.

Comment

so he's so brave that he fights a 140 fighter @ 135...not only is he fighting a B class guy, he make the guy drain himself as well...

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
                so he's so brave that he fights a 140 fighter @ 135...not only is he fighting a B class guy, he make the guy drain himself as well...
                No, that was a while back. Rees has been fighting at 135 for a few years now.

Comment

So where do ice creams, chocolate bars and cakes, figure in the "train like this is my last fight' equation?

Comment

He must be training so hard that he forgets about making weight lol!!

Comment

Working...
                    X