No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holt Vows To Power Past Peterson: Eyes Khan, Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Holt Vows To Power Past Peterson: Eyes Khan, Marquez

Former junior welterweight champion Kendall "Rated R" Holt joined us on the latest edition of The Boxing Lab, BoxingScene's official audio show. Holt is scheduled to face IBF junior welterweight champion Lamont Peterson on February 22nd in an ESPN Friday Night Fights' televised bout. Holt told us that he is having a great training camp in California.

"Training is going great. I have a new team. My new manager is Marcus Coats. I am working with the legendary Jesse Reid out here in California. I have the legendary Shane Mosley helping me out for this fight. He is my main sparring partner. I also have the 24-0 Lucky Boy Omotoso who is with Top Rank as well. Marcus and Jesse have set up great sparring for me,"Holt stated. [Click Here To Read More]

If he beats Peterson the doors will open up for him but I doubt he gets a fight with Khan. A fight with Marquez will never happen either but I can't blame him for wishfull thinking.

Comment

yeah he won't get Marquez. Definitely won't get Khan because of the TR GBP beef. Might be able to get a stablemate down the line like Rios or Bradley (doubt it though). i do like his chances to beat peterson though

Comment

He's not beating Peterson

Comment

Overrated power IMO.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I like Holt but only way he wins this match is by KO. I see Peterson outworking him and banking rounds like Garcia did.

Comment

Holts got a nice jab and packs a mean punch i like watching him fight win or lose

Comment

It's now or never for Holt. I think he will beat Peterson.

Comment

Why not ask for Khabib also? He's got a title now- and Holt can't pull out because of "visa issues," The fight can/would take place the in the states.

I'm sure Holt doesn't want it, but I really wanted to see that fight the first time!

Comment

Petterson sowed very well against Khan, don't know if he can redo that performance but think he has enough to beat holt. JMO. Holt has a punchers cance at best.

Comment

Working...
                    X