Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Ends His HBO Run This Saturday Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He will be missed, watching big fights on HBO won't be the same without him. His jokes, metaphors and obscure references will always be remembered, and more importantly he didn't toe the company line and didn't kiss any fighter's ass because he was told to *cough*Lampley*cough*. He had his own bias of course but it was based on personal preferences, not on HBO's marketing strategy. Larry is a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by An Enigma View Post
      I have been waiting for this for a couple of years now. Kellerman is so much better with interviews and commentary.
      max sounds like daffy duck

Comment

Finally i been waiting for this news for a while.

I respect Merchants career he truly is a part of boxing, but he is been sliping for the last couple of years.

He kinda gets rambling with his comments nowadays and also he gets confused and says the names wrong or the punches that connected are wrong.

Great career but i am happy its over.

Still it will be weird to watch hbo boxing without him. Jim Lampley and Max kellerman will carry the torch from now on.

Comment

An end to a era. Happy trails Larry, you will be missed.
          Pretty nice guy, my dad was at Dodgers stadium and met Larry, Larry took time out to talk to my dad about boxing even though the game was over.

Nice guy all around.

Sidenote, I actually like Max, Roy, Bob, but Jim not so much. Jim has always had a nuthugging bias towards his HBO fighters..ODLH, PacMan etc. When will his time be up?

Comment

You will be missed Mr. Merchant .. God bless with your future

Comment

Ahh that sucks...I thought Larry was funny especially when he said I hope that wasn't Marquez bridge of the nose that fell on the ring.

Comment

He has been part of boxing alot longer than anyone here has been a fan. I will miss his contributions.

Larry Merchant(circled below)
                Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comment

Thank god dude! He was losing it... No point in l

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Larry Merchant will end his unprecedented 35-year run as a ringside boxing commentator for HBO Sports with the season finale of World Championship Boxing® this Saturday night (9:30 p.m. ET/PT) from Houston. Following the telecast, Merchant will be moving into another phase of his wide-ranging career.

[Click Here To Read More]
                    GOOD JOB !!

Fuk off Merchant.

Should have happened years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                      damn , larry you will be missed...expect hbo boxing to have lower standards now..

larry was hard to please , thats why standards were high....i see a lot of more nuthuggin in the future

Merchants standards have been non-existent for quite some time now.

Comment

Working...
                      X