No announcement yet.

Penalosa-Voraphin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penalosa-Voraphin

Has anyone seen the fight between Ratanachai Voraphin and Penalosa. I know the result wasa ko for the Filipino but was it a complete blowout or competitive fight before the ko. I heard somewhere that Voraphin was kind of crazy in the fight. any info is appreciated.

I saw it. Ratanachai seemed overconfident. It was a competitive fight with Gerry patiently waiting for opportunity to unload a bomb in each round while outboxing Ratanachai. A worried face painted the face of Ratanachai when he missed with a left which enabled Gerry to counter with a solid right flush on the jaw. Gerry is a southpaw but the right counter closed the eyes of Ratanachai for the count in the 5th round.

The fight is a classic and shows Gerry's remarkable boxing skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Epie2
      I saw it. Ratanachai seemed overconfident. It was a competitive fight with Gerry patiently waiting for opportunity to unload a bomb in each round while outboxing Ratanachai. A worried face painted the face of Ratanachai when he missed with a left which enabled Gerry to counter with a solid right flush on the jaw. Gerry is a southpaw but the right counter closed the eyes of Ratanachai for the count in the 5th round.

The fight is a classic and shows Gerry's remarkable boxing skills.
      Gerry is really something one of the most technically sound fighter that the Philippine has produced, only if he had at least, the same punching power as his brother dodie boy, he would not have lost his championship belt, from a guy who was in the wrong sport and should have joined track and field instead.....

Comment

Originally posted by jomapac
        Gerry is really something one of the most technically sound fighter that the Philippine has produced, only if he had at least, the same punching power as his brother dodie boy, he would not have lost his championship belt, from a guy who was in the wrong sport and should have joined track and field instead.....
        Not only power Bro . . . he still needs some more mobility . . . the ability to stay within striking range when fighting "hit and runners" "boxers". . . he seems to get frustrated running after boxers.

Comment

Working...
        X