Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Legacy: Calzaghe or Ottke?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at the poll results and you've got your answer.

Comment

The results of this poll shows most people here have a sense of fairness and some knowledge of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical_Skill View Post
        I havent seen a worse robbery, seriously, there should have been an investigation.
        Yep, without doubt the worst robbery i've ever seen. I cant see how Ottke could have even been given 1 round. He didn't land anything of any significance the whole fight and when Reid landed Ottke would start complaining to the ref who would warn Reid for non-existant foul. What a ****ing joke that night was. I lost alot of repect for German boxing in general that night. Calzaghe has the better legacy but he could do with a couple of other big names to cement his legacy.

Comment

Sin i might have guess it was you who voted for Ottke. Look at how the people who fought Joe talk about him compared to how they talk about Ottke. Joe is talked as being the best ever, and Ottke, err, isnt even talked about.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Sin i might have guess it was you who voted for Ottke. Look at how the people who fought Joe talk about him compared to how they talk about Ottke. Joe is talked as being the best ever, and Ottke, err, isnt even talked about.
            Someone needed to shown Sven some love. He's a joke, but the sad thing is their resumes are comparable...

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
              Someone needed to shown Sven some love. He's a joke, but the sad thing is their resumes are comparable...
              How do you mean that their resumes are comparable? Do you mean by the opponents they have faced? Or the amount of defences because with Ottkes 22 defences he is comparing with Bernhard Hopkins, Joe Louis and Larry Holmes as well.
              Buy Ottke is thanking you and your check is in the post first class.

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
                They might be comparable if you overlook the fact that Joe has had many more stoppage wins which you seem to think is irrelevant.

Comment

Ottke = Worldbeater.

Comment

neither. because they fought either, old or unknown people. and still people bash floyd mayweather for quality of opposition lol. anyway, its too late for even cal now. didnt want to get wet in the atlantic, as a result only nut huggers know him. sven is better, but still not close to his competition. why havent we seen ottke vs prime roy jones? or bernard hoppkins? i dont want to bash those fighters but their managers who over protect them. its crazy what they do in germany!

Comment

You have to factor in how a guy wins. Joe kills everyone. Reid was a sort of close fight, and that's it. NO one's even given him a match, not Eubank, Lacy or anyine else. It's hard to imagine anyone but Dawson even touching him even now. Taylor, Kessler, etc. these are EASY fights for this guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X