No announcement yet.

Longer left leg, which stance then?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longer left leg, which stance then?

Hello everybody. I'm a boxing beginner and I can't really decide which stance is more appropriate for me. I'm really passionate about boxing and I really want to perfect my technique, so please don't judge me for being so cautious.

Here are some detailed about my physique.

-I have the so called condition "leg length discrepancy". My left leg is longer,stronger and bigger. Even my left foot is bigger than the right one.

-I write, play tennis with my left hand.

-I throw stones, hammer, with my right hand. And kick the football with my right foot.

For now, I'm finding the orthodox stance more comfortable, but it's absolutely fine for me to switch to southpaw if it's gonna benefit me.

All kinds of opinions are welcome, especially the ones involving scientific approach.

As with everything else in boxing it has to do with your balls. Stand up, check which side is hanging lower, that will be your proper lead foot side..........Rockin'

Comment

I had a lot of surgery in my teenage years and my left leg is a few mm shorter, foot is smaller and less muscle when compared to my right leg. I chose an orthodox stance and it worked well for me. Do whatever gives you the most balance or how you feel most comfortable/relaxed.

Good luck.

Comment

I write with my left hand and throw stones woth my right too i've used the orthadox stanc since starting boxing.

Comment

Working...
        X