No announcement yet.

More impressive: 48-0 streak Larry Holmes or 43-0 Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added some more info
    Last edited by Skittlez; 01-12-2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
      Which is more impressive to you?

Holmes going 48-0 as the Heavyweight Champion (prior to Spinks)

or Current Floyd at 43-0 as a multi division champ.
      Larry Holmes. Even though on my scorecard the Norton fight and the Witherspoon fight were draws.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
        What the **** man?
        I agree Roy was never a coward, but the way you phrase all your quotes make it sound like Roy fought everyone there was to fight.

It is common sense Roy didn't fight the vast majority of the big punchers from his era.

Jackson
        Nunn
        Benn
        Eubank
        Mccellan
        Daruiz

come on... Roy avoided at least as much as Floyd did if not more.
        Yea I do remember wanting to see Roy Jones vs The G man but I think he beats that whole list except Gerald Mccellan to much power

Comment

Holmes and it ain't even close. Sheeid Holmes got robbed against Spinks twice WITH a bad hand. And he NEVER cherry picked.

Comment

I picked Floyd because he was the smallest guy in the ring the majority of the time. Holmes was so dominate physically against most if not all his opponents. Don King did a good job marketing him as the biggest blackest man on the planet.

Comment

I voted for Floyd. It's close but Floyd faced slightly better opponents overall and he clearly won all his fights except the Castillo fight while Holmes had some close wins that could have gone the other way.

Comment

How about chavez run of i believe like 100-0 thats impressive even with all those bums

Comment

Im going with Floyd over FMJ had the better opposition in my opinion. Holmes fought some scrubs during his run

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
                    How about chavez run of i believe like 100-0 thats impressive even with all those bums
                    He was actually 89-0-1-77 before he had the misfortune of running into Frankie Randall, but we must also understand how many Tijuana cab drivers that were part of Julio's record as well.

Comment

Definitely Floyd. He has the better resume by far

Comment

Working...
                      X