No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeMarco: Edwin Valero Was a Bigger Fight Than Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DeMarco: Edwin Valero Was a Bigger Fight Than Broner

WBC lightweight champion Antonio DeMarco (28-2-1, 21KOs) paid close attention to Adrien Broner's past fight with Daniel Ponce De Leon. Broner (24-0, 20KOs) had a very tough time with Ponce De Leon last March, and won a close ten round unanimous decision. Some ringside observers scored the fight for Ponce De Leon. [Click Here To Read More]

just worry bout how ur gonna rebound from this ko loss ur about to take tomorrow...

Comment

I don't know. Everyone always talks about how great Valero was, and he had potential to be a great fighter. But before he went completely bat s**t crazy and did all that s**t, who did he ever really beat prior to the DeMarco fight???

He beat Mosquera, who was a Top 10 SFW at the time. Pitalua was a Top 10 LW at the time. So going into the DeMarco fight, he had two wins over Top 10 fighters.

Broner's beat Ponce De Leon, who wasn't a Top 10 fighter at 130, but still was a huge step up in class at 21 years old, against a very good proven fighter. The fight was close, but it could have gone either way. Broner beat Litzau, who was a Top 10 SFW at the time. Broner beat Perez, who was a Top 10 SFW at the time.

So neither Valero or Broner were really THAT proven going into fights with DeMarco. Both had some decent wins, but nothing really spectacular at all. But I'd say Broner-DeMarco is bigger because DeMarco is more highly regarded right now than he was over 2 years ago and is coming off good wins.

Comment

This is going to be the x-factor. Demarco has been to hell and back. Nothing in Broner's arsenal offensive wise is going to rattle demarco. I see him getting his groove in the later part of the fight tomorrow and I think he has a great chance of pulling it off.

Comment

We get it, Broner is not a big fight for you. Still gonna be a big whooping.

Comment

Lets do it and let the best man win.

WarDemarco

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              I don't know. Everyone always talks about how great Valero was, and he had potential to be a great fighter. But before he went completely bat s**t crazy and did all that s**t, who did he ever really beat prior to the DeMarco fight???

He beat Mosquera, who was a Top 10 SFW at the time. Pitalua was a Top 10 LW at the time. So going into the DeMarco fight, he had two wins over Top 10 fighters.

Broner's beat Ponce De Leon, who wasn't a Top 10 fighter at 130, but still was a huge step up in class at 21 years old, against a very good proven fighter. The fight was close, but it could have gone either way. Broner beat Litzau, who was a Top 10 SFW at the time. Broner beat Perez, who was a Top 10 SFW at the time.

So neither Valero or Broner were really THAT proven going into fights with DeMarco. Both had some decent wins, but nothing really spectacular at all. But I'd say Broner-DeMarco is bigger because DeMarco is more highly regarded right now than he was over 2 years ago and is coming off good wins.
              So you admit Broner is crap, and its all Hype?

Comment

DeMarco is right.

Valero is single handedly better than Broners entire resume combined.

And then u throw in Linares and its not even close

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  DeMarco is right.

Valero is single handedly better than Broners entire resume combined.

And then u throw in Linares and its not even close
                  Sorry but I have to disagree with you. Broner is far more talented and athletic than Valero and Linares combined. DeMarco isn't fooling anyone, he KNOW'S This IS the biggest fight of his career.

Borner's speed and angles is going to give DeMarco fits. Broner by late stoppage or UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Mac Stud View Post
                    Sorry but I have to disagree with you. Broner is far more talented and athletic than Valero and Linares combined. DeMarco isn't fooling anyone, he KNOW'S This IS the biggest fight of his career.

Borner's speed and angles is going to give DeMarco fits. Broner by late stoppage or UD.
                    So your not disagreeing with his comment about the weak resume of Broner but rather trying to make a counter point on the skill set of the fighters that he never mentioned?

Comment

Working...
                    X