Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Powers Past Slick Moreno, Retains WBC Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mares won the fight. 114-112. The scorecards were terrible, but Mares won with the knockdown and deduction.

Comment

Mares, top ten pfp. He's beat Perez, Darchinyan, Akbeko, Morel and Moreno. Now wants Nonito. Top 10 without a doubt.

Comment

Mares is good but he is to wild with the right hand

Donaire would knock him out easy

Props to him for calling out Nonito and Arum in the post fight interview but it would not be a good move for his career

Comment

Caiz: "It's okay Abner I got this"

Comment

I don't know how people keep complaining, yeah, the scorecards were shit, especially the 120 - 106, but I thought Mares clearly won, maybe 115-111.

Comment

Not even Moreno thinks he won... In the post fight interview moreno said it himself " it was mare's night and I congratulate him."

Originally posted by bori210 View Post
              Moreno won this fight.mare is dirty and was outbox by moreno

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                I don't know how people keep complaining, yeah, the scorecards were shit, especially the 120 - 106, but I thought Mares clearly won, maybe 115-111.
                Haters gonna hate. A lot of people were predicting Moreno was going to give Mares a boxing lesson and that didn't happen. Even Moreno gave him his props and said Mares was the man tonight.

Comment

mares is an absolute monster

Comment

Good win for Mares, although I thought it was close and felt the knock down and point deduction were BS, the right man still won. Mares brought it thought, people thought he was gonna get schooled yet he was hitting the very slick Moreno almost at will and hurting him in some rounds. Props for Moreno for showing heart and, even in some rounds, displaying some great boxing skills. I think he's better suited at 118.

Comment

Scorecards were **** but Mares won it.

Comment

Working...
                      X