No announcement yet.

Dana White: 'Brock Lesnar Is Never Coming Back, Fedor Is Done Too'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana White: 'Brock Lesnar Is Never Coming Back, Fedor Is Done Too'

"[Brock Lesnar] is done. He's done," said White.

"He called me a couple of days ago. He's never coming back. He just said his body is you know, he can wrestle, but he can't fight. He was contemplating coming back. [Fedor isn't coming back either]. They're both retired."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...edors-done-too

Thank you, Captain Obvious. What's with this reporter? Lesnar said this himself after his last fight and Fedor later announced his retirement after his last fight, with Pedro Rizzo.

Were there actually rumors of either of these guys coming back, by any major news outlets? And even if there were, they were never confirmed by Lesnar or Fedor, were they?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Thank you, Captain Obvious. What's with this reporter? Lesnar said this himself after his last fight and Fedor later announced his retirement after his last fight, with Pedro Rizzo.

Were there actually rumors of either of these guys coming back, by any major news outlets? And even if there were, they were never confirmed by Lesnar or Fedor, were they?
      With fighters as big as Fedor and Brock there will always be comeback rumours.

Such a shame about Brock though. If he had started MMA from a younger age he could of been something special.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

if you read the article, Lesnar was actually contemplating a comeback. He only phoned Dana a couple of days ago and said he is finally not gonna come back cuz he doesn't feel that his body can handle fighting anymore.

And as with Fedor, Dana was pretty much answering to the question if Fedor wanted to comeback would you take him, and Dana pretty much said he's officially done with him.

Comment

No real point of Brock coming back because he won't be able to beat Overeem, Cain, JDS for sure and imo he can't beat Werdum either. Fedor is obviously past his best but he is so good that imo on his day he can beat anyone in the world, even now. Big Foot was a really bad match up for him purely because of the size difference and Fedors attitude for quite a few years post pride was to just get the KO asap. That does not work against everyone, if he deployed his old style then he could win that. He was beating Hendo as well but that one questionable punch changed the fight. He would defo beat Werdum as well, if Werdum didn't get that sub at the time he did he would have lost.

Both fighters had their time and it is truly a shame the fight didn't happen...sorta like a Pac v Mayweather of MMA...too much politics from both parties blocked the fight from happening. Brock pre-injury to be honest was a good fighter, his stand up POWER was good but his technique/skill was HORRIBLE and his wrestling was amazing. If you had Brock on top of you...you were in trouble.

Fighters like Cain, JDS and Overeem are amazing fighters as well and we should enjoy watching them compete now, JDS is an absolute monster in the stand up and Cain is such a well rounded fighter, whos also entertaining to watch. Overeem is dangerous and can end the fight anytime.

Comment

I hoped brock would come back once his body would get stronger again.
            shame if it wasnt for the illness he woulda fought a couple more fights

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
              if you read the article, Lesnar was actually contemplating a comeback. He only phoned Dana a couple of days ago and said he is finally not gonna come back cuz he doesn't feel that his body can handle fighting anymore.

And as with Fedor, Dana was pretty much answering to the question if Fedor wanted to comeback would you take him, and Dana pretty much said he's officially done with him.
              Thanks, just read it. I thought Lesnar went back to the WWE? So why the comeback rumors then? Was that just a brief stint on Raw? This was my favorite part of the article:

Emelianenko will go down as the greatest heavyweight of all time. He remained unbeaten for nearly a decade, and his title reign came at a time when Pride Fighting Championships had the best heavyweights in the world.

Younger fans that only watch the UFC should remember that.

I haven't looked at bleacher report for a while, for some reason. Glad I did, as I also found out about the death of Jeff Blatnick there. I always enjoyed his commentary on those early UFC cards. He was one of the few guys at the time that understood what grappling and submission moves were being used in the fights then. I remember him suggesting Marco Ruas using a foot stomp, or maybe it was a different fighter, and then the guy actually DID IT lol. And man, 55, way too young. The guy battled cancer, Hodgkin's and died during heart surgery. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
                With fighters as big as Fedor and Brock there will always be comeback rumours.

Such a shame about Brock though. If he had started MMA from a younger age he could of been something special.
                No way he would've done that. WAY more money was to be made with WWE. I remember Mark Calaway aka The Undertaker, saying he would've competed in MMA if it were a big sport by the early '90s. He even uses MMA gloves and throws punches in his matches and uses the gogoplata, to incorporate that more into his style and gimmick. But still, no where near as much money to be made in MMA even now, as compared to what he has made and makes in WWE.

Maybe someday, if the sport becomes big enough to compete with say, the NBA, NFL and WWE, fighters can get those kinds of salaries, but not yet.

Comment

Working...
                X